The Dress

Picture of Arden above.

Getting up in the morning for school was always hard for me. First, I'd rub my eyes, smearing the remainder of yesterday's mascara onto my cheeks. Then, I would proceed to slowly make my way downstairs to have my typical bowl of Frosted Flakes and a cup of earl grey tea. Tasty, I know.

After that I'd go ahead and do all the basic boring things that come with having to get ready in the morning so I don't completely frighten my classmates. Even though I think they would love my Star Wars pyjamas, I chose to go with a denim skirt and white crop top with tennis shoes for the day.

Parking at school was harder then trying to get to Mcdonalds while the ice cream machine is still working, impossible. People (including faculty) parked in any space they could, including, but not limited to: the school lawn, side of the road, bus lane, and neighbouring houses drive ways. It truly was just as hectic as it sounds, trust me.

"You should really just let me drop you off." Mom would say, every time I would complain to her about my school's lack of parking spots. Though I still stuck to driving myself, I loved driving alone, listening to the radio with the windows down, it was heaven to me.

Sean walked me to my first class every morning, making sure I got there okay. I'm not sure if he thinks I would trip and accidentally fall off a cliff on my way to class everyday, but I enjoyed the company so I didn't argue.

"Prom is in a few days!" He said, leaning on the door frame, blocking my way to the classroom.

"Yes baby, I know it is. And i'm very excited!" I said giving him a quick peck on the cheek, then ushering him to leave so I could go inside and get to my seat, before Mrs. Pepper started yelling at me for "stalling."

Once class was over, I bolted out of there and made a beeline straight for the parking lot. There was something I wanted to do, right now. And I really just couldn't wait till school was over. 'Meet me at the front of the school in five minutes.' I texted Emma, as I made my way outside and dashed over to my car before a school monitor could see me.

Emma took her sweet time, but I eventually saw her sitting on the front steps of the school, waiting for me.

"Get in loser!" I yelled, pulling up to the school.

"Quoting Mean Girls now, eh?" She said, opening up the car door and sliding in beside me.

"Yes, yes I am. It's a classic line, don't fight me on that."

"Wasn't planning on it Hun."

With Emma snickering at her own sarcastic comment, we drove off. Away from school, and away from 2nd period History class.

Going into the mall looking for one thing and coming out with only that one thing is extremely hard. Emma and I began to look for dresses in Macy's, but then some how ended up in the men's section of American Eagle. Huh, funny how that can happen.

Though eventually we forced ourselves to put down the oversized t-shirts and 25% off jeans and make our way over to Nordstrom. We looked through racks and racks of dresses, shaking our heads in disbelief that someone would even think for a second that a neon pink, glittery cheetah print dress was acceptable.

"This is pretty cute." Emma said.

I peered over the racks of dresses in front of me to see what she was holding. In her hands was a long cherry red, off the shoulder dress. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Its gorgeous."

"You want it? I found another one I like better." She handed me the dress, and grabbed another one on the rack beside her. It was pale pink, with a stunning plunge back.

"Thats so you." I said, admiring the diamond detail around the waist of the dress.

"I know right."

We ended up buying the dresses, and left the mall extremely pleased with our purchases. When we got back to school I walked in, and made sure to throw away my taco bell cup so nobody would know where we went.

We had made it back just in time for last period, Math. And so I slid into my seat right beside Martin, one of my best guy friends. He had a 4.0 GPA and was in about every single club the school had, besides the drama club. He despised the bright lights and big stage, definitely not his thing.

"Okay everyone, today we're going to be reviewing pi." Mrs. Smith began, turning her back to us and writing the lesson on the white board. Oh, how I loved math class.