Exciting News

"Come on!" Sean whined, as he tugged on my shirt sleeve.

The bell for lunch had rang ten minutes ago, and I was still talking to my friend Abby. She was catching me up on what happened in History, because I skipped.

"So ya these are the rest of my notes, just text me if you have any questions."

"Okay thank you Abby, love you!"

"Love you too girly!" She said, as she turned around and sauntered down the hall towards the EXIT doors.

I knew she was going to McDonald's with her group of friends, that's what she did every Tuesday. Meanwhile Sean and I finally made our way to the cafeteria to catch up with the rest of our friends.

As soon as we pushed open the cold steel cafeteria doors, Sean ran over to his table of buddies. I continued my slow pace, observing everyone at their tables. Everybody acted so, oblivious, so stupid. A whole group of girls sat on their phones, criticising each others Instagram profiles. And a large group of boys huddled together watching muted porn. Ugh.

"Baby come over here please!" Sean called, urging me to come sit beside him.

Knowing him, there'd be some fake snake that he'd pull out from behind his back to try and scare me, only fooled me twice, never again. I sat down beside him, and looked at the boys surrounding us. Nothing suspicious so far.

He took my hands in his, staring deep, and I mean deep, into my eyes. Slightly confused, I went along with it.

"Yes Hun, what do you want?"

"Ava, baby, will you go to prom with me please?" He asked, as the boys who were once sitting with us at the table appeared behind him with sparklers and roses.

I blushed, many eyes were on us, since the sparklers drew quite a bit of attention. Giving him a quick kiss, I nodded, accepting his offer.

"Yes Sean I'll go to prom with you."

He shot up, bouncing up and down like a child looking through the aisles of Toys R Us. I smiled at his effort, he usually wasn't very romantic, so this was a lot for him.

The bell rang just as he released me from a big bear hug, and he kissed me goodbye before running off with his boys to get to class. My best friend Emma walked up to me right as they left.

"What a show, huh?"

"Sure was, he usually doesn't go so full out for stuff like this."

"He's probably just making sure he's gonna get laid after, no offence."

"None taken, considering I'll be getting laid too." I said, giving her a cheeky wink. Emma laughed at my attempt to sound dirty, it wasn't my strong suit.

"Let's get going." She said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the cafeteria, "don't wanna be late for PE."

"Oh yeah, that'd just be a shame now wouldn't it."