22

When I wake up Patrick's still in bed with me so I roll over and nuzzle my face against his neck. When he doesn't wake up I start stroking along his jawline and talk to him softly.

"Hi Patrick, you look really beautiful there and I'm so fucking happy that you let me stay the night. We didn't do much but it was nice and I feel a lot better. I don't know if I'm allowed to or if it was only for last night but I just wanna say that I love you. You've only got a few more months before you graduate so I wanna spend as much time as possible with you because I'll really miss you. I wish I could live with you until I find somewhere else but I can't so I'll just enjoy this morning and hopefully I can find somewhere to stay so I don't end up on the streets"

I look down to blink away my tears then when I look up, Patrick's propped himself up on his elbow and is staring at me. "Baby I won't let you end up on the streets" "I don't have anywhere else Patrick, I have no friends or family and I have no money, when deadbeat teenagers get kicked out of home that's where they end up" "That's bullshit, you're not a deadbeat and you're not leaving my house unless you have somewhere nice and safe to go" "I can't do that to you Patrick" "I don't give a shit, you're my friend and I fucking care about you, you're staying and that's the end, I'm not talking about this anymore"

Patrick gets out of bed and runs a hand through his messy hair then when I don't say anything else he starts undressing. We both slept in our jeans and hoodies so he has to peel the day old sweaty jeans off his body before he can get naked then come back over to kiss me "Come shower with me" "You need space, you spent all night with me so you're probably sick of me. I promise I won't run off when you're not watching" "I know you won't because I'll run the fuck after you and drag you back even if I have to do it while I'm wet and naked"

I can't help but laugh which makes Patrick kiss me again then pull back "I'm showering, come join me if you want or you can stay here. You can take whatever clothes you want if you wanna change"

As he walks off I murmur "Thank you" then wait until the water starts running before getting up and taking my clothes off. Taking his boxers seems extra creepy so I keep mine on and just take a pair of jeans and a shirt from his closet to put on before crawling back into his bed.

Patrick left the door open so I can see the back of him while he showers. I spend some time watching the muscles in his back flex and relax until he turns off the shower, dries himself off and comes back to perch on the bed beside me. "You didn't join me, that was disappointing" "I thought you'd need space, I was giving you space" "I don't need space from you and you don't need space right now, get me some clothes"

It seems like he's just trying to make me happy but I take the offering and pick some loose jeans and a hoodie for him because he looks really good in them.

For a while Patrick lies on his bed on his back so I can lie next to him and slowly make out with him. It's weird because it's so intimate but Patrick doesn't seem awkward or freaked out by it so I just enjoy it. I don't get a lot of moments like this so I should take advantage of them now even though they'll only fuel my hopeless dreams and leave me heartbroken.

He's only doing this to make me happy, he's not in love with me, so doing things like this that make me fall even deeper in love with him will only hurt me. It feels so fucking nice though so I just enjoy the moment and try to remember that none of this is real.

When I do break away Patrick sits up and wraps an arm around me "Come on, we should go do something" "What will we do?" "We can go to the river, it's Damian and Sammy's place but I go there sometimes when I need some time by myself, I wanna go there with you again"

Happily I nod and let him pull me up. It's a pretty short drive to get there and as soon as we're both out of the car Patrick pushes me up against the door and kisses me hard. I wrap my arms around him tight and pull him against my body so I'm pinned between the car and Patrick.