prologue

~*~

        "I've chosen my first official proclamation." Prince Ben played with his fingers nervously as he looked at his parents who stood before him, "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

          Ben felt his stomach drop at his parents shocked faces, but he turned toward the window, staring out at the beautiful place he called home, glancing over at the lonely island briefly, "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

        "The children of our sworn enemies," King Adam was testing the words off his tongue, and he didn't like it at all, "living among us?"

        King Adam, of course, didn't like this idea, but he trusted his son. He knew his son had a level head, much like his mother, and anything he would do, he would think about before making the most rational choice. Prince Ben didn't like the way his father spoke, and he played with the cuffs of his new suit.

        "We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most," Ben explained, his parents glancing at each other skeptically, not really completely on board with their son's decision, "I've already chosen them."

        "Have you?" King Adam asked, Ben must have been thinking of this for a while if he already had his ideas on who to pick. Prince Ben looked down, avoiding his parents eyes, as his mother placed a hand on his father's shoulder.

        "I gave you a second chance." Queen Belle had always been the reasonable one, the one for second chances. She gave her nervous son an easy going smile, "Who are their parents?"

        This is what Ben had been dreading most. He swallowed nervously, and looked away from his parents again, "Cruella DeVil, Jafar, Evil Queen..."

        Ben's voice trailed off, he didn't want to mention the last two names, but Queen Belle leaned forward ever so slightly, carefully calculating every word Ben was saying. He sucked in a deep breath, "... Maleficent and Circe."

        "Circe? As the enchantress who cursed me?" King Adam was appalled by his son's words. He didn't want the spawn of the crude woman who cursed him living among his son, he wouldn't stand for it, he wouldn't allow- he took a deep breath, Belle rubbing his back to calm him down ever so slightly.

        "Dad, just hear me out!" Ben pleaded with his father, he knew his dad wouldn't like the Circe part, but Circe wasn't nearly as bad as Maleficent, he expected his parents to freak out over that.

        "I won't hear of it." Adam raised his voice at his son, but the moment Belle's grip tightened on his shirt, he took in another big breath, "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

        "Dad, their children are innocent," Ben persuaded, his mother was already on board with the idea, he could tell by the way she would scrunch her eyebrows in thought every once in a while, his dad was the only one needing convincing, "don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?"

        Adam didn't say anything, he looked down at Belle, who was already staring back at him. She nodded her head ever so slightly, and the two looked away from each other when Ben grew impatient, "Dad?"

        "I suppose their children are innocent." Prince Ben smiled in triumph at his father's words, happy  that his parents had  agreed with his plan, even if one of the kids he had picked was the daughter of his father's sworn enemy; the enchantress.

This was only the beginning of the story for Prince Ben and Adonia, much more was in store for the two teenagers, they just didn't know it yet.

~*~

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia so please do not steal her, thank you!}