Chapter 17

After about ten questions later, we left. "Thank you for your time." Dean said politely. We walk to his car and got in. The old man waved his hand as we walked.

"I hate wearing this." I complained loudly, groaning. Dean looked back at me and winked.

"I don't know. You pull it off nicely." Dean said to me. Sam cleared his throat loudly, shaking his head, groaning softly. All of a sudden, my head started to hurt. I groan softly as well.

"Hey, no! This not gonna be a group headache." Dean said sarcastically. He glanced between Sam and me, unsure what he should do.

My head got worse and worse. I groaned louder. Suddenly, the car keys turned and the car started. Dean drove us back to the hotel. Sam groaned louder and stopped. He must be having a vision. My headache got worse and worse. Then, it stopped and everything went black.

~

"Hello." Someone said behind me. I spin around and see a man, around thirty with blond hair and yellow eyes.

"'Yellow Eyes'!" I yell at him. I hate to assume, but I think it's best in this situation.

"Ah, yes. My best and favorite child. The one that got the most of my blood. Now tell me, have any of your special gifts happened yet?" 'Yellow Eyes' said with a slight accent, but I'm not sure what.

"No, and I don't what them to." I said coldly.

"Oh, but they will. And you will be the most powerful child. And I have a plan for you and all the children like you. You and Sam."

"What kind of plans?"

"Oh, you know I can't spoil the big punch line, can I? Why else would I send two demons to kill little ol' mommy and daddy? Or the big, protective older sister? Huh, kiddo? I have worked my butt off with you. Crafting you to the best of your abilities, sending you off with the Winchesters. By the way, tell 'em I said "howdy". Bye now, Mia." He laughed evilly and-

I woke up in the hotel room. Dean was sleeping next to me an Sam was sleep in on the other bed. I glance at what I'm wearing. Thank god that I'm not in that horrid outfit anymore at least.

I get up slowly so I don't wake up Dean an look at the clock. 2:39. Dean rolls over and noticed me,"Hey. Are you ok?" He mutters sleepily.

"Yeah. How long was I out?" I asked him.

"Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah." I said, both of us a little more awake. I walk over to the bed and lay back down. Dean wraps his arms around me.

"About fourteen and a half hours."

"Fourteen? No. It wasn't that long." I said, shaking my head. No way I could have been talking to him for fourteen hours.

"What wasn't that long? The dream that you had?" Dean asked.

"Did I say anything?" I asked him, changing the subject. God, I hope not.

"A couple of 'no's, and for about an hour you kept muttering something. I couldn't hear all of it, but I heard 'can't tell them' and my name. You never answered my question. What wasn't that long?" He asked. I hesitated, but spoke my thoughts. Or one of them, at least.

"Have you ever talked to any of the others?" I said, changing the subject again to one that I've been th I nking about for sometime now.

"Yeah. I talked to Max, Andy, and I'm pretty sure Sam talked to a lot more. At least that one girl. Why?" Dean said, looking at one of my eyes, then the other. Back and forth, back and forth.

"Did they ever talk about 'Yellow Eyes' coming to talk to them in a dream?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah. Did you just have a dream like that?"

"Yeah. He came to me and told me that he had big plans for me. And all the others, as well."

"Mia, what can't you tell me?" He asked, eyes filled with concern. I felt instantly horrible for keeping this from them.

"I... can't tell you. I'm sorry Dean. Cas asked me not to." I admitted, then regretted. Deans face said it all.

"Cas? I'm gonna kill that freakin' angel." Dean said, instantly pissed.

"Dean! You know him well enough that when he tells you not to tell anyone, you have to listen to him." I said in a slow, calm tone that I use when I'm upset.

"Yeah." Dean pulls me closer and kisses me gently. His lips were soft against mine.

"Yeah." I repeated quietly. He laid back down, closed his eyes and fell back asleep. I tried to do the same, but there was no such luck. I got up slowly, not wanting to wake up Dean, and went over to the desk where Sam's laptop was. I walked over to my bag of clothes and pulled out my jeans from yesterday. I took out the papers from my pocket and went over to Sam's laptop bag, where I took the notebook and pen.

I opened the laptop and looked up all of the victims, then wrote things down. First the name, then the year that they died, then how old they were when they died, then eye color and hair, and then cause of death.

I looked at my notes when I finished. All of the girls were in their early twenties, blown or black hair, blue eyes. All like me. I cringe, wondering why that was the connection. I shook my head, my eyes resting on the open laptop before I had an idea. I looked up as much as I could about the fire of a child's six month birthday,  hoping that I'd see some names that I'd recognize. The first thing that pops up was about four articles. I quickly skim the paragraphs to see what that name of the surviving child is.

Max Miller.

Andrew Gallagher.

Sam Winchester.

Mia Reyes.