Chapter 13: Escape

Hey guys, author here! My friend, book_nerd247 is helping me edit the books since I suck at English. Hope you enjoy!
*************************************

I looked around to make sure he wasn't around. I was still on the grass sitting, now dry. I could go inside but I didn't want to, I couldn't. I needed to be a regular person, not a prisoner in my own house. Saying it was my house made me feel weird and sad.

When I knew that he wasn't around, I got up and started walking away. I turned to my right so I could go around the house to get to the street. I knew I could make it, but I was still being careful. I didn't want to get caught, and have to make up a liar about why I showed up. I was now at the front of the house. This was my last chance to turn around, but I didn't. I continued walking to the street. I was paranoid that he would see me from the windows of his house. I turned around to look, only to find nothing out of the ordinary. As I was about to turn back around I ran into something hard. The force made me fall on my butt. I looked up to see the one person I didn't want to see, Leo. No, no, no!

"Now where do you think you are going?" He said with a grin on his face.

"I....I.....I...." I stuttered.

"I,I,I what?" He said angrily.

His grin had faded away.

"I was going to see if you were out front. I tried calling for you." I said while getting up.

I stood up and tried to back away, but he started coming at me.

"So you are trying to tell me that you were looking for me without going inside the house first?" He asked while raising his eyebrow.

"Y..y..yes." I stuttered yet again as my back hit a tree.

He continued walking closer to me until we were only a few inches apart from each other. He was looking down at me, and I was trying to look up at him with confidence but failed.

"Well, I guess then we should go inside since you found me." He said while turning around and walking towards the front door.

I can't believe he actually believed me.

I walked behind him and he opened the door and we walked inside. He then closed it hard and I spun around confused. Was he angry? He looked down at the floor and then turned around to look at me. He was angry.

"Why were you trying to leave?" He said angrily.

"I..I..I.. wasn't." I said stuttering.

I mentally hit myself for stuttering.

"Don't lie to me or the punishment will be worse." He said again walking towards me.

"P..p..p..Punishment?" I said nervously.

"You think you could get away again without a consequence?" He said.

"No." I said sadly.

"So you are admitting that you tried to run away?" He asked.

"I plead the 5th." I said.

"Oh do you know?" He smiled a little but then it faded away.

"Yep. Now excuse me while I go up to my room." I said.

Leonardo put out his arm and stopped me.

"Sit." He said sternly.

"I need to do my homework." I said.

"Sit." He said again.

I did and walked over and sat on the end of the couch. He came over to the couch and joined me.

"Now..." he started.

I am trapped in this house for the weekend. Why didn't I just run! I again mentally hit myself.

"Hey!" He yelled.

I snapped out of it to see an angry Leo next to me.

"Focus on me you got it." He said and pointed his finger towards me.

I nodded my head scarily.

"Now what I was saying.... You will do what I told you this morning for today. At night I will lock your bedroom door so you cannot try and leave again. If you try to leave at night, you will stay with me in my room and I don't think either of us want that. You will not talk to anyone all weekend. No going outside unless I am out there. All doors will be locked. Do you understand?" He said.

"Yes warden." I said.

"I am not a warden unless I have to be." He said.

I looked down at the couch when I heard him say,
"Go up to your room and do your homework. It is almost 11 AM."

I got up off the couch and headed towards the stairs.

Once I got to my room, I sat on my bed and pulled my backpack up on the bed. I had Algebra II, English, and Biology to do. I hated Algebra. Mr. Kennedy hated me and I hated him so the feelings are mutual. I started working on Algebra when I heard my doorknob move. I got off my bed and walked over to the door. I tried to turn the handle but it wouldn't bung. It's locked.

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" I yelled at the door.

"Nope!" Leo said.

I grumbled and went back to my bed to do my homework. There is no way I'm getting out of this room.