Blake Coleman (requested)

"Where are you taking me?"  You asked, looking out the window of Blake's truck.  He hadn't told you anything, just that you two were going out.  You hear Blake chuckle as he drives and you turn, finding him staring at you with a huge smile on his face.  

"Can't tell you that.  Its a surprise!" 

You stare back at him, a small smile creeping its way onto your face as you shake your head.

"Eyes on the road, mister."

You drive for another half hour, getting drowsy sitting in the car for so long.  It didn't help that it was completely dark out, either.  You could feel yourself nodding off as you rested your hand on your palm.

"Oh no, don't you fall asleep," Blake commanded, laughing.  You looked back over at him and stuck out your tongue.  

"We've been driving for hours Blake," you reminded him.  "I'm tired!"

He reached out a hand and tapped on the radio on his dashboard, instantly blasting music so loudly that you flinched.  Grinning, you realized that it was one of the songs we always sang together for fun.  You began singing, softly at first but then began belting out the words.  You noticed that Blake had joined in, and you two were full out harmonizing a duet in his truck.  You were no longer tired, but instead full of energy.  You stared at him singing, his eyes happy and full of life, and you suddenly wondered how you could be so lucky to be able to call him yours.  You were so taken by the moment that you didn't even notice that Blake had stopped the car.  You looked out the window and didn't see anything.  

"Blake, where are--" 

"Shh, it's a surprise," was all he said before he turned the car off and got out.  You scrambled out of your seat and out of the car, shutting the door quickly.  You looked around, you were in a small parking lot in what looked like a park, but it was too dark to tell.  There were a lot of trees around, and it was cold, but not horribly so.  Blake had told you to dress warmly, and you were thankful you did as you pulled your gloves on, following Blake down a pathway.  He could tell you were uneasy, walking through a dark path late at night, so he interwined his fingers with yours.  You walked down the pathway for about ten minutes until the pathway opened up to a large field and playground.  You smiled, because behind the playground, smack in the center of the field was a small ice rink.  As you approached the rink, you noticed that it was decorated with strings of light and flowers, and in the center of the rink was a large blanket with pillows and candles.  

"Oh wow, Blake--" you started, not being able to fathom how long it would have taken him to put this all together.  "It's beautiful!"

He smiled at you and gripped your hand tighter, helping you onto the ice.  You leaned on him, making your way to the center of the rink until you reached the blanket where you both got comfortable on the pillows, looking up at the starry sky.  

"This was where i first learned how to skate," Blake told you after a long moment of comfortable silence.  "I used to come here every day with my dad and friends, and it holds some of my best memories.  So i thought, you know, maybe you'd like it as much as i did."

You turn to face him, staring into his eyes.  A light blush crept upon his cheeks as you smiled at him and leaned in, placing a kiss on his lips.

"I love it.  Thank you so much."

You layed their for what seemed like hours, staring up at the sky and talking, stealing kisses once in a while.  The candles had gone out a while ago, but you didn't even notice.  You nuzzled into Blake as he kept his arms around you, telling you old stories about his childhood.  You loved listening to him talk, feeling relaxed in his arms.  Once silence engulfed them again, Blake turned to look at you, kissing you on your forehead, then your nose, and then on your lips.  You kissed back, loving every second of his affection.  You could feel him smile against your lips as he touched his forehead onto yours, his breath visible in the cold air.

"I love you" he whispered, stroking your hair.

"I love you too."