Brandon Bollig (requested)

"I saw you with her! I saw you with that other girl!" You shouted, trying to fight the tears forming in your eyes.  "You told me you were out with the guys and you lied!"

You were arguing with your boyfriend of four years, Brandon Bollig, after you caught him lying to you again.  He was back in Chicago after a two week road trip, and instead of staying in with you he told you that he was going to grab something to eat with the boys.  You tried not to think much of it, since you knew how religious the guys were with their team dinners and were pretty used to it after 4 years dating a hockey player, so you let it slide.  You had gone to the grocery shop uptown to grab something for yourself to make, and ended up seeing Brandon walking around shops with another girl.  Sure, it could have been anyone, but you were tired of hearing his lies.  Lately, he had been sneaking around, coming home late and making strange midnight phone calls.  Not to mention he was starting to beat around the bush with you every time you asked him questions.  You started to add it up, and it didn't look good.  He was cheating on you, and you'd had enough.

"I promise, I wasn't--" 

"Don't even try!" you cut him off, not wanting to hear anymore excuses.  "You've been so vague with me these past few weeks.  I know you're running off with some other girl, just stop lying to me and admit it!"

Tears began flowing down your face as it all became so clear.  Your worst nightmare was unfolding right before you, and you could feel yourself becoming more and more desperate for an answer.  You would never in a million years thought that your boyfriend, the love of your life, would betray you like this.  

"Y/N..." Brandon started forward, placing a hand on your shoulder, but didn't say anything else.  And that was enough comformation for you.  You shrugged off his hand and shoved past him, wiping your tears as you headed towards the bedroom you two shared.  Fueled with anger and sadness, you threw open the closet and picked up your suitcase, beginning to fill it with anything you could find.  Brandon hurried and followed you into the room, and widened his eyes when he saw what you were doing.

"No, stop Y/n" he pleaded, grabbing your hand and turning you to face him.  You were sobbing now, feeling as though your heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Let me go--"

"No, listen to me," he said, tightening his grip on your hand.  You looked up into his eyes and could see worry written all over his face.

"I would never, ever, cheat on you," he began, cupping your face with his free hand.  "You're the only one who understands me, the only one who is always there for me, even when i can't be here for you all the time. Ever since i met you, i've been the happiest ive ever been every day i'm with you.  You always cheer for me, and even when i play like shit, you're still my number one fan.  I know i make things hard for you and i know i can't be around nearly as much as i want to, but you still stay and wait for me to come home and i can't even express how lucky i am to have you."

You stayed silent, listening to his words, tears still streaming down your face as you tried to make sense of everything.  "Then why--"

Brandon sighed, cutting me off, and gave me a small smile.

"That girl i was with... I'm not cheating on you with her.  I would never," he started, looking into your eyes.  "She's Bicks's sister.  She was helping me..." he paused, trying to find the words to continue.  "-- She was helping me find a ring."

Your eyes widened immediately as you stared up at him, not believing what you were hearing.

"You know me... I suck at stuff like that and i wouldn't ask any of the guys to help for sure. She offered to give me a hand--" Brandon reached into his pocket and dropped down to one knee, gripping your hand as he pulled out the most gorgeous ring you've ever seen.  Your mod changed immediately as you brought your hand up to your mouth in shock.

"I wasn't planning on doing it this way but...," he said, smiling up at you.  "Y/N, we've been together for four years now, and they have been the happiest four years of my life.  I couldn't picture myself with anybody else.  You're the most beautiful, well-rounded, caring and honest person i've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and i can't to start a family with you.  Will you marry me?"