Chapter 7

Third Person

After Mal entered the cotillion, King Ben came down the stairs as well. He bowed to Mal but she awkwardly copied him.

"Oh, Mal. I wish I could've of told you sooner" Ben said.

Someone else walked out from the back. Dressed in a black cotillion dressed with her hair in curls was Cece. Everyone gasped, especially the rotten four.

Cece, not used to attention being on her like this, slowly walked down the stairs. Belle and Beast awkwardly said "Hi" to her. Ben met up with Cece on the last few stairs. He took her hand and kissed it. Mal noticed his ring on her finger.

Cece and Ben walked down the stairs and stopped infront of Mal, who looked betrayed and heart broken.

"I'm sorry. It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Cece. A connection" Ben explained. Cece nodded.

"What are you saying?" Mal asked.

"I'm saying--"

"It was love. It was" Cece interrupted. "I just--I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

"We are" Ben said.

"I know" Cece laughed.

"You're so beautiful"

"Ben. Ben" Mal called, they both looked at her. "Did you go back for her?"

"He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed, I am a pretty good swimmer" Cece explained.

"You are" Ben complimented.

"Thank you" Cece giggled. She released Ben's hand and took Mal's hand, surprising her. "Listen, Mal. I just really want to thank you, I do for everything." She then hugged Mal whispering "Thank you"

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right. You never knew we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me. Thank you" Ben said. Mal almost cried at the sight of her boyfriend and enemy together.

Cece gave a girl her purse and started dancing with Ben. Everyone stared in silence.

"Come on" Evie said, she took Mal's hand and took her a few feet away.

"Not too thrilled that I almost risked my life for him" Carlos hissed. Cece smirked at the rotten four. It was working.

"We're with you, Mal" Lonnie said.

"Let's get out of here" Jay said.

"Okay" Mal replied.

They all started walking towards the stairs. Belle and Beast stopped them.

"Mal" Beast said.

"Honey, we're so sorry. We had no idea" Belle said.

"We're gonna talk to him" Beast said.

Mal sniffed and continued up the stairs. Jane, who was already on the first step, grabbed Lumiere's hand. "Lumiere, unveil the gift. They need to see it!"