Stormy Gray

A/N: I'm soooooooooo sorry for the wait :(. I've had a hard time thinking about how to continue, but I'm back now that I've had some downtime from the story and college. I now know how I'm gonna go with this story and I hope to update more often (I'm thinking about it every weekend). I'm incredibly grateful for your patience, you all help me in keeping this story going!  

The calling of her name made her eyes fly open, sounds of struggle followed. Liya quickly looked around her and saw Ser Jaime being released and hoisted up by the Bolton men.

"Please Lady Stark" the desperate voice of Ser Jaime called "you promised"

The urgency of the situation came to her now, she cursed herself for falling asleep.

"What are your men doing? I was adamant that you hurt neither one of us!" Liya shouted at the Bolton leader

"Really little bird, I don't remember you naming the Kingslayer" the man answered with a grin

Liya looked around, fleetly meeting the eyes of the desperate knight "I ordered your men to keep their hands to themselves!"

A grin formed on his lips "oh they certainly will abide little bird, but that doesn't mean I will" the group of Bolton men laughed "now shut your pretty mouth otherwise the blond bitch is next!"

Ser Jaime protested heavily as he was taken away, eyes pleading to both her and Brienne, but all knew no one could do a thing. Liya failed at a vital moral in her life; duty. She could not give the protection that she'd promised, for that she would never be able to never forgive herself. Pulling against the binds in a last effort, the rope burning and tearing her skin, she could not bear the sight before her. Her vision blurred and warm tears fell down her cheeks, desperately she prayed.

Like a fall into icy waters, Liya was taken from her thoughts at the screams of a man. The sound echoed through the woods followed by laughter, by the gods what were they doing to him? Liya shuddered at images that appeared in her mind.

Ser Jaime's screaming seemed to last for ages before it slowly faded away, seemingly as if the man had passed out from the great amount of pain his body was receiving. Not long after, Ser Jaime's half-unconscious body was dragged back to the tree he was originally tied to.

Liya almost gagged as she saw a bloody chopped off hand dangling around Ser Jaime's neck and as she feared it appeared to have been one of his own. In its place now was only a stump, tied with dirty linen from which the blood already seeping through. Small whimpers escaped his throat and his eyes were dazed by the amount of blood loss. It did not take long before his body gave way and Ser Jaime passed out.

It took them two more days before they arrived at Harrenhall and by the gods, Liya had never felt this horrible. She had hardly slept due to Ser Jaime's condition, her conscience beating her with guilt. Her body and clothes filthy and stomach empty, the food they were given was scarce. Now the three of them were lined up, knee-deep in the dirt, presented to Lord Reese Bolton.

"I present to you, the Kingslayer" their captor announced to Lord Bolton, apparently his name had been Lock "and our King's traitor sister, Liya Stark"

The Lord eyed both of them before he turned to Lock and reprimanded him for taking Ser Jaime's hand and Liya's condition, now commanding for both Brienne and Liya to be freed.

"You're under my protection now," Lord Bolton announced to the two of them, which they gratefully thanked him for. The trio of weary travellers now back on their feet.

"Find suitable rooms for our guests, we'll speak later" Lord Bolton continued, but before the man could leave Ser Jaime fell back onto his knees

A gasp was caught in Liya's throat and quickly she turned to him and took the uninjured left arm over her shoulders and Brienne took the right. Both lifting him with all the strength they had left.