The arrival of the king

A/n: a long one, but I just couldn't divide it into two parts, so I guess bonus for you guys? (side note: I've read this part over a dozen of times, but I didn't notice that I'd written 'The sound of a crapping chair' just before publishing this XD) 

Chapter three

~The arrival of the king~

Liya sat lonesome at the table, not that she minded, it happened often due to her sleeping habits. But her mind was not with her as it was drifting away to her thoughts from the day before, sending her into a swirl of worry and concern. Soon her head had fallen into her hands not being able to keep it upright due to her heavy thoughts. The sound of a scraping chair made her head fly up again and she saw that her father had taken a seat beside her.

"What has your mind troubled you with today Liya?" His warm voice said

"You know what on my mind" she answered looking at her father now holding her head up with only one hand

Her father smiled and put a comforting arm around her giving a little squeeze "Don't worry Liya, keep your worries of the future to me, let me take that burden from you"

"I should say that to you father, you already carry so much on your shoulders"

"My shoulders are strong Liya, they can carry one more burden," Eddard said smiling at her

Liya sighed, she knew her father was a good man, a strong man, but he could not bear anything just by himself. He was just too honorable and kind to admit that. "I'll try, but I'm scared for what will happen, you know that something will"

"Aye, but that's not for you to worry about now"

Liya couldn't agree entirely with her father, she was worried, but she would try to enjoy the king's visit as much as possible, although that still would be very little.

"I will father, for you and mother," she said with a small smile

"That's my daughter, now quickly finish breaking your fast and make yourself ready" and Ned smiled back at her, though she could still see lines of worry on his forehead. 

He gave her a final squeeze and walked away to wherever he was needed. Liya continued eating feeling slightly better as her mind felt less heavy. After her final bite, she left for her chambers. Standing in front of her closet she let her eyes rake over the numerous dresses that she owned and spotted the dark blue dress that went well with her eyes. Grabbing it out, she stepped behind the dressing screen and changed. She was almost finished tying her dress up as Sansa's voice filled the room.

"Liya?"

"I'm behind the screen"

"Oh Liya, I don't know what to wear!" she exclaimed

Sighing she stepped from behind the screen and looked at Sansa still wearing a simple dress. She had a desperate look on her face, cheeks flushed from her fretting. 

"I'll help you decide, but you'll have to tie my dress up, I can't reach it" Sansa nodded fiercely and immediately grabbed two loose string that laid between her shoulders, she pulled and finally knotted them together and tucked them away within the folds of the fabric and continued on with the next two.

"Liya, why do these things always happen when it's an important day? Remember my last name day? And I thought that day that was horrible"

"We'll find one, don't worry Sansa," Liya said chuckling a little at the memory

Sansa smiled at her brightly "That was the last one" she said as she tucked the knot away

Sansa had always been a little jealous of Liya and her womanly shapes. Though there was nothing more striking as Liya in that deep blue dress that she wore now.