The Capture of Tyrion Lannister

a/n: here's another chapter and we're almost at 2k, wwwwaaah, can't wait for that to happen. And over 100 votes, gosh I love you guys soooo much. Bit of filler, but I still hope you'll like it xxx

Chapter thirteen

~ The Capture of Tyrion Lannister ~

Liya left the jousting event with her guard back to the Red Keep, the event was still very much going on,  but both had had enough excitement for the day. In the evening the Stark family had gathered together again, now at the dinner table, while Ned read out a letter they'd received from Winterfell. To their happiness, it said that Bran Stark had awoken from his sleep. But dishearted when her father read, as the maester Luwin had predicted, Bran was unable to move his legs. Though all thanked the gods for letting young Bran live.

After finishing their dinner Liya was called out by her father to wait. He eyed Adian who was standing guard in the archway.

"Adian could you leave us please?" Liya asked seeing the way her father looked at him, Adian nodded and left

"What is it, father?" Liya said sitting next to him

"Your mother..." He trailed off, his eyes were filled with worry

"What about mother, did she mention something else in the letter?" Liya asked her worry now mirrored her fathers

Ned leaned his head closer to her "She has taken Tyrion Lannister as a prisoner" he said while rubbing the side of his head to ease whatever tension there was

Liya was baffled by this. What in the right mind would let her mother do this? As far as she knew Tyrion had been kind to her during his stay in Winterfell.

"Why in the name of the gods would she do that? That's asking for war" she tried her best to keep these words quiet, her mother's actions were an immediate threat to her family's safety here in Kings Landing

Ned seemed to be as shaken as she was "Your mother has accused him of trying to assassinate Bran. In the night we left a man tried to assassinate your brother, apparently, Tyrion's dagger was used by the assassin. How she came to this information, I don't know" 

It seemed there might more to Bran's accident than she'd first thought, but if the news of the capture of Tyrion Lannister would reach the Red Keep, Liya didn't want to think about what could happen to her father and sisters. They had to leave this place.

"How many know of this?" Liya asked

"Only the two of us and a trusted messenger, but who knows maybe more" her father answered "they have eyes and ears everywhere" 

"Then we must leave while we still can!"

"We will, I've already given up my position of the Hand, tell your sisters to pack their belongings" her father ordered hastily, thinks were not looking good for his family. But Ned would follow his house words, family always came first. 

It was only now that Liya saw that the pin was indeed missing on hist vest, her father had made his decision "I'll make sure that we'll be ready" Liya said leaving to find her sisters

After Liya had informed her sisters of their sudden leave, Sansa put up a big fight against and to her surprise Arya as well. Claiming that they liked it here and refused to leave, Arya mentioning something about dancing lessons and Sansa was having a fit since she was engaged to Prince Joffrey.

Liya begged her sisters to pack their belongings, but without telling the full truth as to why both girls didn't see any need to follow their sister's wishes. After a good while, Liya gave up, and instead went to her chambers to start packing herself. She couldn't bring everything, Liya knew that travelling light would avoid attracting any unwanted attention. Taking the bare necessities for travel, she'd left for her father's study to inform him that she'd failed to convince Arya and Sansa. She entered the hallway to his study and noticed that Jon Arryn was absent, which meant her father would most likely be too, but to be certain Liya knocked on the big wooden door.