12. TVD

Season 4 Episode 6

"You're using your calm voice today," Stefan said, on the phone to Klaus. "Who's getting killed?"

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about," Klaus said. "Maybe that new witch friend of yours?"

"You're on speaker, asshole!" Willow said, crossing her arms.

"What is she doing there?" Klaus asked Stefan.

"She's helping Elena," Stefan said warily, worried about the fact that Elena was seeing Connor, the dead hunter, everywhere she went.

"He means I'm gonna try. And if I can't help her, I'll end her life quickly."

Damon ran to her in anger, wrapping a hand around her neck. Willow raised an arm and immediately Damon's head was filled with an indescribable pain. He fell to the ground. Willow twisted her hand and broke his neck.

"Really?" Stefan asked disapprovingly.

"He came at me," she said. "You vampires seem to be forgetting that I can end you with a single look. You should treat me a little nicer."

The door knocked and Stefan walked outside to address Klaus. This was what Willow needed, to be alone in the Gilbert house. She walked up the stairs noiselessly, watching Elena look at herself in the mirror. Elena saw a shadow move behind her.

"Hello?" she called. There was no answer. As she looked back into the mirror, she saw Connor. She screamed out in shock and Willow broke her neck, kicking her body down the stairs.

Walking into Elena's bedroom, she began her search, one of the reasons that she'd come to Mystic Falls in the first place.

She didn't know what she was looking for, but she'd know when she found it. The witches were very specific. When they'd given her sole control of the elder witches' power, that came with rules.

Rule number one: Destroy all of the vampires in Mystic Falls. Luckily, it seemed that Elena Gilbert was going to destroy herself.

***

"Cut!" the director called. Cece ran down the stairs to join Nina and Ian at the bottom.

"Thanks for breaking my neck!" Nina said with a laugh as Paul and Joseph entered the house.

"Trust me, Elena will appreciate it in the long run!"

"So, your episode premieres tonight," Paul said to Cece. The season premiere had come on the week before, tonight was season 4 episode 2, Cece's first episode.

"I know!" she said, trying to hold in her excitement.

"We're gonna watch it together at my place," Nina said to Paul. "Why don't you come?"

"Yeah," Cece said. "Bring Phoebe too."

Nina gave her a look that she didn't quite understand.

"Ok, definitely," Paul said with a smile. Cece mirrored his smile, feeling a sense of warmth flow through her. When the episode aired, that was it. All her hard work was being shown to millions of people. Hopefully it would mean that leaving her home for this crazy job in Atlanta had been worth it!