"Fell in love with a doctor and decided to become one also instead," whispered another.

"No, I heard he was the eye candy of some foreign magistrate's wife."

"Oh! I heard that too! It's no surprise though. I mean look at him." A random female student gave a long sigh before adding, "I could run my hand through those curls all day."

"Did you see that he had a piercing on his tongue? So hot. Imagine being kissed," One would say and another would immediately nod quickly.

He gave her a wink as he walked by, she flushed red before watching him walk away, mesmerized. Brent really didn't care about the rumors. He was simply amazed at how well their connections were. Most of the rumors weren't too far from the truth. He was a mobster's assistant, and now he was the right hand to the boss. But no, not due to their reason, but because there's someone he loves who he needs to protect. Oh, and yes. He was, he thought to himself, a brilliant kisser. He steadily walked down the hallway when he caught sight of Emily.

"Hey babe." He grabbed her shoulder and turned her around playfully.

She turned around and he found an unfamiliar face. Instead of familiar, icy green eyes, he was face to face with light brown eyes which were wide in shock.

"Sorry, doll. Wrong person." He bit his lips apologetically and turned wondering where she was. This school was too huge to be any good.

Candace's heart was still beating rapidly as she watched him saunter away. She could still feel his handprint on her shoulder, and his words rang in her head. She had just talked to Brent O' Connelly, the gorgeous new student that everyone was gossiping about. He was tall and rugged, and carried himself confidently even though he didn't know anyone there. Contrary to what she was expecting, his voice was soft and smooth with a subtle Irish lilt. She blushed. It was an accident. He wasn't even looking for her, heck, he didn't even know her and here she was blushing over 6 meager words. He probably called everyone "doll". She combed her dark hair anxiously, and patted her cheeks wondering if her embarrassment showed on her face. She let out a small sigh when she noticed a checkered green handkerchief on the floor. She picked it up, and noticed the small embroidered letters 'B.T.O'. "B.T.O," she mused, "Brent's?" Had he dropped it while talking to her? She wondered what to do with it. She wasn't even completely sure if it was his. "I suppose I can just ask him if it is his the next time I run into him," she mumbled softly. She felt her heart rate speed up a little at the prospect of talking to him again, but she cast it off as nerves and slowly walked to class. She shivered at the unknown sensation she was feeling, but couldn't help but enjoy the flurry of feelings that took over her stomach when she thought of Brent. 

xx

Emily tapped her pencil as she tried to unravel out her thoughts. Why the hell was Brent here? It had been two years since she last saw him. For 7 years, they had been joined at the hips. Her second in command. The one that she trusted completely. However, after she had left the gang, he had chosen to stay. By now, he had probably assumed her role. There's no way that an executive in the family could possibly have the leisure to loiter around a high school. There had to be a reason he made it out all the way here himself rather than sending an underling. What could it be? Is here to bring me back?

There's no way in hell she would return to The Flaming Dragons. Not after what happened. She clenched her fist tightly and she felt the pencil break in half. She remembered the day she officially left 2 years ago.

She shoved her clothes into her backpack. She took a look at her gun and chucked it onto the floor. She won't be needing that anymore.

"Ice, you can't leave now," implored Brent. "You are the boss's favorite. You have potential to take over the whole org after he passes." He held her arm which she shrugged off.