Chapter Four

Standing in the mirror, I inspected my outfit one more time. I wore a long periwinkle silk top, over my lovely pair of fishnets, obviously torn from being worn so often. On my feet I had black boot wedges. I had spent extra time on my makeup, even though I knew it'd get smudged anyway. My eyes were smoky and my eyeliner was especially thick. I wore a bright red lipstick, which made my lips look absolutely amazing. "Lucas lets go!" I yelled from my room. Lucas peeked his head through the doorway smiling his crooked smile. 

"I've been ready for two hours, dork." He rustled my hair. I rolled my eyes at my childish treatment. Swatting his hand away, I grabbed my purse. "I hope you're aware that you'll probably lose that." Lucas warned, checking his teeth in the mirror. 

"I'll keep it in Roni's room." I snapped back. Lucas shrugged. "Now lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time we pulled up to Roni's estate, people were already flooding into the house. There was a massive crowd in the courtyard. She had 5 acres of land, so disturbing neighbors truly wasn't an issue. Lucas winked at me, the way he always did while we were walking towards house parties.  We didn't normally stick together during the night, although we should. But he has his own friends that will surely be there, and I have mine. "Try and stay out of trouble." He told me. I rolled my eyes once more, and ran away from him, shoving through the crowd. It smelled like a mixture of perfume, cigarettes, and weed. Such a familiar, welcoming scent that brings me back the days of summer. To my surprise, there was a man at the door, with a list. So this is how the rich kids have their parties? Lame. I walked to the front of the line. 

"Virginia Hertz." I told him. The man rummaged through the papers for a minute, and found my name. I walked inside. 

"Virginia!" Roni called, hopping down her grand staircase. Her miniskirt was already riding up and her boobs bounced in her tube top. "Does this outfit make me look fat? I feel like a cow. Ugh, and did you see the people out there?! Loads! Mum and Dad are out of town, thank god. But if anything gets broken I'm in deep shit!" She exclaimed, out of breath. 

I looked at her blankly. "You look fine." I assured her. 

"Aw, Virginia. You're so sweet!" She threw my purse into the nearest closet, before I could protest. "So I've invited like, our whole town. Even the boys from the all boys’ school. You know how they are!" Roni winked. Of course I did. Oliver used to go to that school until he got kicked out for fighting. The boys there are extremely attractive, and if you go there, everyone could tell just by how you look. 

"Totally." I mumbled, glancing at the people walking in. Girls from my old public school stumbled through the front door in awe. The music was already getting everyone going, and there were already groups of people smoking. My eyes wandered round and round until they landed on a new box of cigarettes laying on the couch. I slowly made my way over and grabbed it, but a cold hand stopped me. My head shot up and a pair of piercing green eyes stared at me. He had crooked teeth and the sweetest freckles. 

"What do you think you're doing with those, princess?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I just about melted. Normally guys don't get to me like this, but this boy was different, and I already knew. "A little young to be smoking." He took two cigarettes out of their box. "Yeah?" He handed one to me and I silently took it from his hand. I realized that my lighter was in my purse, which Roni so carelessly threw into a closet. Before he lit his own, he lit my cig and smiled. 

"Thanks." I said, taking a drag.

"I know who you are. You're Virginia Hertz." He brushed my hair out of my eyes. I stared back at him with a blank expression. "I've heard so much about you." He laughed, as if he remembered stories that his dumbass friends probably told him.

"Everyone has, so what makes you so special?" I questioned, looking up at him. He gave me the sexiest grin, and pulled me in close. I could smell his smoky breath. 

"This." He whispered. Before I knew it, our lips smashed together and our tongues were dancing carelessly. it was beautiful. His hands grabbed my butt and he played with my fishnets. He tasted like cigarettes and beer. Finally I pulled back to catch my breath.

"How old are you, anyway?" The guy asked, pulling me onto his lap. 

"Fifteen." I replied wrapping my arms around him. He began to laugh. "What!" I yelled, offended.

"You're just a little girl! But you act so much older than you really are. Ah, I'm sorry. I haven't even properly introduced myself. I'm Drew. " He said, leaning in to kiss my neck. 

"So, Andrew," I smirked, emphasizing his full name.

 "Aw, don't call me that," he complained, taking a long drag of his Marlboro. "It's a name for pussies." I raised an eyebrow at his words.

"Or maybe it gets me pussy," he grinned mischievously and pulled me in for another kiss.

 "You go to that all boys school, huh." I said, blowing a smoke ring. He nodded, as if he was embarrassed. "No girls for you to harass everyday. Must be terrible." I teased, nibbling at his lower lip. Drew just shook his head and punched me playfully in the arm. I had this fluttery feeling in my stomach, and it was obvious that I was bright pink. I got off of Drew's lap, and noticed that tons more people were now in the house. Girls on girls, Guys on girls, it didn't matter. Music was blasting throughout the entire estate. I saw my brother run by, with Roni in his arms. She was laughing really hard, and my brother looked really happy. Lucas and I locked eyes for a moment and I mouthed “Stay out of trouble.”. He winked and I giggled.

“Virginia?” Someone called. I looked around. Standing in the doorway was Gianna. She wore a tight red top, and shiny black tights. “Fancy seeing you here.” She smirked, dropping her cigarette on the marble floor. Her heels clicked to the beat of the music.

“Hey Gia.” Drew examined her body. “You’re looking real nice tonight.” He slapped her butt. She returned his gesture with a hard slap across the face. I dug my nails into my palm, oddly jealous of Drew giving his attention to other girls.

“Fuck off, wanker!” She yelled, as Drew yelped in pain. “Where’s Troy?” She asked, clearly annoyed.

“Dunno!” Drew shot back, pissed off. “Should be here somewhere. Check the kitchen.”

Gianna rolled her eyes, and looked around. It was only 11 PM. Her eyes landed on a boy with black hair, and baby blue eyes. When he noticed her stares, he walked up to us. The guy grabbed Gianna’s tiny waist and pulled her into an embrace. He was much taller than her, but they looked like a good match. “I missed you.” She whispered into his ear. The guy gave her a cheeky girin and grabbed Gianna’s butt as she giggled. Drew and I exchanged glances, and we both knew we should probably leave the two alone.

The two of us were headed towards the barn. Various teenagers were scattered around, some passed out on the ground, others were running around high and hopelessly dunk. Surprisingly, I hadn’t had anything to drink. Drew probably had a little, but he wasn’t drunk. Finally we got to the big red barn, which was about a quarter of a mile away from the estate. The doors squeaked as they flew open. We both stood in utter darkness. Drew already knew where he was going. He grabbed my hand, and lead the way, as if he’d been here thousands of times before. Sweeping me off my feet, he laid me down next to him in a corner of hay. I nestled up next to him in his warm arms, and we laid there in the darkness. For once in my life, I was actually happy.