Chapter 13

Lay's Pov-

I woke up one the couch. Ice from last night was melted on my chest and starting to drip from the plastic bag. I picked up the bag and tossed it onto the coffee table and dug my phone from my jeans pocket. It had been vibrating which woke me up from sleep.

Im pretty sure it is Sunday afternoon. Text from Jada flooded my phone. Nothing important except a few selfies and just cute texts telling me to wake up. I smiled and turned off my phone. I should reply but I didn't know what to reply with.

I laid staring at the ceiling until I was shaken by the sudden ring from the door. Who would be coming to my house at this time? Ignoring pain in my chest I stood up.

"hold on" I groaned as I opened the door to finally have the ringing stop. I stopped. In front of me was someone I didn't know would be here.

Jada's Pov-

I bet he's just asleep but, that doesn't stop me from spamming his phone with texts hoping they'd get to him and he'd get annoyed. But eventually I got tired of not seeing any texts back appear and stopped texting him.

Lay won't be training today. He never trains after a match.

The bruise on my arm is disappearing too but very slowly.

My stomach wasn't hungry just bored but why would I turn it down for food. I got up from my curled position on the couch and went to the kitchen to make cereal.

Lay's Pov-

There's something I didn't tell Jada. I didn't feel I had to. Now Im sitting here between two guys and my face red and a bloody nose. "Im sorry you lost son. Players fuck up don't they." Wan smirked. "I was there and I saw you lose. My money gone because of you." I glared up at him as he landed a finger on my bare chest.

"its my money, you just get half." I took my eyes off him afraid, I'd get hit again "I still get a loser pay. Not as much as I would have got if I won."

"That's why im beating you like a little bitch." He laughed. Just then my phone started vibrating again which drew the mans attention. He walked over and picked up the vibrating phone. "Oh girlfriend calling you?" He said shining the screen to me which read Jada. Silently under my breath I cursed him as he pressed answer.

"Hello." Her voice could be heard from the other side with how loud my phone was turned up.

"Ok whatever well can you tell your boyfriend that he better have my money next times I see him." Without waiting for a reply he hung up. I guess he was going to take a picture because he held a phone up to me and whispered 'cheese'

if I wasn't in cuffs like I was an criminal I'd kick his ass. But im not crazy and Im better than that. "im going to leave now and you better get my money."

One guy who had punched me in the nose before uncuffed my hands but pushed down my shoulder. The pain was still there from yesterday. His hand stayed there as I sank down to my knees. "Stay." He hissed and waited for the party to disappear out the door till he left.

They were gone but I stayed on my knees. My mouth tasted like blood as my nose was bleeding too. I crawled to the couch where I was asleep. My phone laid under a pillow. A new message was waiting for me. One from Jada.

'I want you to pick me up.'

The last thing I wanted to see was Jada worried about me. Or her stunned by the fact my nose was bleeding and I was boxing. I didn't want her over. I moaned loudly as I stood myself up off the floor and headed to the bathroom.