Chapter 1

Lay's Pov-

my wrist burned as plastic on the glove rubbed against my bare skin on my wrist. That was going to leave a rash. I punched underneath his jaw, making him stumble backwards. I tried to ignore the insults being thrown at me by the other guys fans. I was boxing their best boxer, Liam.

"block your stomach, Lay!" I heard Leo's voice over the crowd, louder than the other voices. I blocked his hit having him hit me in the arm. Really hard. I punched his mouth while trying to aim at his nose. He went down leaving me to stand there to watch fans of mine go wild while the other fans fell silent. I pulled off my gloves and couldn't help, but show a big toothy smile.
Cameras appeared from every angle. "Lay how does it feel to win?"
"how long do you think you'll keep your title." Before I could answer I felt hands guide me off to the back. I flashed them a smile before Leo, the managers and assistants took me to the back.

"great job man." My best friend, Luhan said patting my back. Luhan and I have been friends since about middle school. After my boxing career took off I surely thought I lost all connections with my real friends. Luhan being the only one who still stuck by me.

I watched as Leo pushed his way through the crowd of paparazzi and people who just wanted to talk to me. He was shorter than everyone there but eventually got through the crowd stopping in front of me. "You did great, kid." He looked at me but his smile disappeared. "But still not good enough. You won, but you still need improvment." He sighed and pulled me through the people. Outside the van waited outside with the usual flashing lights from camera shining from all around the vehicle. My body guard pushed me in followed by Leo and his assistant, Jada, who'd follow Leo everywhere.  "You have a lot of training to do still." Leo said once both him and I were settled into the leather seats of the van. I nodded. The  biggest boxing match of my life was in two weeks. This boxing match and the ones before this are just warm ups. They were just petty meet and greets with other places great boxers. He pushed his lips together now silent.

The van stopped in front of my house. All my lights were off and no cars were waiting in the front parking lot meaning the house maids have already finished their work. I opened the door to be greeted by complete emptiness. How much I missed receiving hugs from my grandparents when I arrived home, but I'm an adult now and a world famous boxer. Even boxers need hugs too. 

I  took off my robe and threw it into my waiting hamper. One of my maids probably already emptied it. Red marks wrapped in an itchy ring around my wrists, from which I could already tell, was from the gloves. I pulled off my shoes and tossed them to the side by the door. It felt great to come undone after all this. I raked my fingers through my hair and headed upstairs to my room.