Chapter 12

Jada's Pov-

The man grunted loud as Lay landed another punch at his stomach. The yelling around me was just white noise watched Lay prowl around the ring. At first glance you'd think you'd be able to take him out with a nudge. Like just pushing him he'd cry but, once in the ring Lay was untouchable. Even the largest man wouldn't be able to keep Lay down. I'm not just saying this because I love him but he's literally really strong. 

The place was hot but I still managed to feel goosebumps all down my arm. I ran my hand up my other arm in attempt to try to make them disappear. I get to the top of my arm and flinch at the contact. Lifting up my sleeve I notice my skin is a light blue or purple. I looked up to Lay who had just knocked the guy out by contact to the guys jaw. He fell against the cords in front of me and that's when the smell of sweat and everything kicked in. I felt sick. Standing up I rushed through the crowd to find the bathroom.

After locating the woman's bathroom the feeling of me throwing up had slipped away but my head hurt. I couldn't help but think about the way Lay hit that guy as I studied the bruise in the mirror. I'm overreacting, Lay would never hurt me in that way. 

I didn't want to leave the bathroom. I had a feeling of comfort in here, as gross as it is. I leaned against the sink and studied my face in the mirror. My hair was acting up with small flyaways sticking out. I didn't want to spend the whole time in the bathroom staring at my face so I left to be greeted with the same sound of cheering. The muted sound of shuttering from cameras were around me trying to get good shots of Lay as he prepared himself for this next round. His last round.

I took a seat in between SuHo and some other body guard and watched Lay finish his round.

The insane crowd went silent as Lay fell almost lifeless to the ground. He lost. I stood up to get a better angle of him laying there. His face was barely covered in blood but his nose was dripping with red liquid. "Lay?" I called expecting no reply. Two men dressed in black suits rushed up in the ring and pulled Lay to his feet. Supported by the men, They dragged Lay off as cameras took pictures before security could block their view.

Lay's Pov-

The shuttering, I recognized from the paparazzi was surrounding me. My bare feet were dragged across the sleek tile until I was lifted and dropped gently on what must be a bed.

I lost. I could hear Jada's voice next to me but I didn't want to open my eyes. I can't believe I lost. I mean winning wasn't everything to me but to my fans it was.

I knew my nose was bleeding but my shoulders hurt with a numbing pain to reach up and wipe it. I planted my feet weakly on the cold tiles as the two men carried me onto the bed. I knew this bed but I've never been admitted to it. Maybe because I lost.

"Lay are you ok?" Jada called to me from the side of the bed.

"Yeah." I croaked feeling a pair of hands on my chest.

"He's going to be fine." A voice said. "Just a little blood. Nothing he hasn't had before." I heard the voice and Jada chuckle. "I'll leave ya'll alone."

The sound of shoes echoed in the room till they disappeared followed with the sound of a door. Shuffling next to me caused me to open my eyes. "Are you ok?" I turned to see Jada sitting next to me. A worried look on her face.

"You heard the lady, she said im ok." I chuckled.

"I know, you know what I mean." She said rolling her eyes. My back hurt from when Kai pushed me. "When can you leave here?"

"We can actually go now." I said pushing myself up off the bed only to be weighed back down by the pain in my arms, I didn't know was there.

"How about we just wait until the paparazzi are gone so they don't see you limping out of here." She chuckled pushing me gently back down against the lumpy memory foam pillow. "Good fight."

"Yeah right, I lost babe." My stomach fluttered as the word left my mouth. Before she could lift herself upright I grabbed her arm, gently I pulled her back down to my level until she was laying on my bare chest. It hurt but I wanted her close to me.

"Oh my god Lay, I'm sorry. You did that to yourself-" She said trying to get back up.

"No stay." I said wrapping my arm around her waist. "This feels better just- don't move." I said adjusting myself under her. 

"Did you see me lose?"

"No I went to the bathroom."

"ok good." She was so cute.

Jada's Pov-

His hand brushed over the tender part of my skin causing me to flinch. "Are you ok?" He asked looking at me with confusion.
instead of waiting for me to answer he lifted my sleeve revealing the bruise. " I'm so sorry." He whispered as he kept staring at it.

"it's ok." I said flattening my sleeve back over my arm.

"This was an accident, I'm so sorry." I could see he was obviously disturbed. He wouldn't look at me. "I didn't know I was that strong and it was an accident." shaking his head. Although he wouldn't look at me, he pulled me in closer to him.

"It's ok- look at me." I said pushing his head gently back to look at me. "It's ok. I realize it's an accident." I sighed.
Even if I knew it was just an accident I can't stop thinking about how strong he is. Either I'm just to weak and I need to get away from him.
"We should maybe go now. I'm sure the paparazzi have given up." I said realizing we've been here for half an hour.

I pulled out my phone and called Quinn. He answered the phone in minutes asking questions 'is Lay ok?' and 'where are we?' Finally I was able to ask him to bring the van around back so we can go.

I helped Lay up and made our way to the back where Quinn said he'd meet us. The place was clear of all the paparazzi.Probably out trying to catch shots of the winner. The van wasn't out there so Lay and I decided it was a nice night that we could just sit on the stairs outside and wait for him.

"So what cartoons did you used to watch when you were a kid?" I asked as I played with the pebbles on the cement stairs. We looked like a couple of kids playing 20 questions outside because we refuse to go in. 

"Teenage mutant ninja turtles." He chuckled.

"Ok when was your first kiss?" Lay drew in some air and exhaled before he answered.

"Maybe a couple years ago. When my career first took off there was this girl who I met at a party. Don't you remember her? She'd be over during the last month we were together." I sat back on the cold door and tried to recall.

"Did she have brown hair?"

"Yeah, her name was Bai-lee. Anyways she was a complete brat and once I started getting better at what I did it just got worst." He sat back against the door next to me. "She cheated twice but I still took her back. It was like how every other relationship famous people have where the other person uses the famous one for their money." He sighed. 

"She's a shitty person for that." I said sitting up to look him in the eye. He smiled. "I mean people who do that should be in jail. " We both chuckled. 

"But you wouldn't do that." He stopped laughing and placed his finger under my chin bringing my eyes up to his. 

"No." 

"Good." He whispered and leaned in kissing me. The sound of an approching van could be heard behind us. His fingers laced with mine and we stood up and walked to the van.