In this life, I have chosen grandfather.

"Jie-jie..." Li Xia face shows her sadness and pity for me.

"Don't be sad for Wei Lan" I smiled at Li Xia's gentle heart. "Living with grandfather had been the happiest time of Wei Lan's life. Grandfather, Uncle Zedong, Min-ge, and everyone at the Fa estate have been kind... Wei Lan have been bless"

Li Xia hugged me around my waist. I laughed softly at her affection.

"That's right, if jie-jie was to have chosen the Zhou family, jie-jie wouldn't be here today" Li Xia comments hit the mark more than she realize. "Jie-jie may have not met Feng-ge"

"Li Xia" Fengimmediately pulled me away from his sister and glared. "Enough! Don't make such foolish remarks"

But Li Xia remarks aren't wrong.

"Feng... What Li Xia say isn't foolish..."

"Lan!" Feng's angry eyes lifted up to mine.

"Feng doesn't know Wei Lan's uncles... If she had chosen one of them, she would have never met Wang Feng" 

I touched his furrow brow, wanting to calm his irritation. 

"Uncle would have kept Wei Lan hidden in the Zhou Estate. No one could have seen or meet Wei Lan. Wei Lan could have never escape because she would not know where she could go. This is the truth..."

This was the truth because it was what happened when I chose the first time.

"Foolish woman" Feng reached up and pinched my cheeks with both hands.

I blushed at his sudden assault, while his family laughed.

"Don't think of what could happen" Feng let go of my cheek to wrapped his arms once again around my waist. "You are here now with Wang Feng, as my Wang Fei"

"Yes..." 

When he let me go, I turned and offered to make a second pot of tea.

"It will be difficult for that old man now that Wei Lan is here." Elder Wang was delighted by the warm and sweet tea in her hand. "If he had grown custom to Wei Lan's tea, it will be difficult for him to adjust"

"Grandmother..." At the mention of my grandfather, I had to ask. "Was grandfather upset that Wei Lan didn't see him off?"

There was silence.

"Of course"

I was horrified until everyone laughed.

"Your grandmother is teasing. Master Fa understood that you are Wang Fei now. He did not leave the capital upset, mother assures you"

"Feng-ge, you're the worst" Li Xia glared at her brother. "Who keeps his bride in the bridal suite for a whole week? Master Fa, Master Zedong and Fa Min all wanted to see Wei Lan before they had to go back to Jing"

I blushed again at the mention of the wedding night while Feng smirked without a hint of guilt.

"Jie-jie" Li Xia took my hand and said apologetically. "Don't be sad. If you're lonely or miss your family, you can write letters often"

When I shook my head no, Li Xia was surprised.

"Grandfather said not to write unless Wei Lan wants to go back..." I explained. "To write letters home so often is to show unhappiness... This is Wei Lan home. This is Wei Lan family... Wei Lan will be happy"

Feng set his cup of tea down to hold my hand.

"When we have time, I will take you to Jing" He promised.

We shared an understanding smile when he tightened his hold on my hand.

"Feng-ge, you must have done a great deed in your previous life to have met and marry Wei Lan jie-jie"

While I turned bright red, Wang Feng laughed as if he agreed with his sister's comment.

"Li Xia, stop teasing your brother and sister-in-law" Her mother giggled. "If you continue like this, Wei Lan will be redder than a tomato"

"It's too late mother" Li Xia teased me. "Jie-jie is already as red as a tomato"

Master Wang and Elder Wang laughed.

"W_ Wei Lan will clean up"

I quickly gather the empty pot and cups. While I made my escape, I could hear Feng and his family amused laughter.

When Wei Lan left to the kitchen...

"Feng-ge, you need to treat Wei Lan jie-jie well"

"I don't need a brat to tell me this" Feng smirked.

"Li Xia is only relaying a message" Li Xia said haughtily. "With Feng-ge's notorious temper, Wei Lan jie-jie would be bully. And if Li Xia sees it, she'll let Master Fa knows and Fa Min will come take jie-jie back_"

Feng slammed his fist to the table, shaking it. Li Xia flinched knowing she went too far.

"Feng, calm yourself before Wei Lan comes back out" Elder Wang sighed softly. "Li Xia, don't make such careless remarks again"

Li Xia apologized softly while Feng held back his annoyance.

Rebirth of Fa Wei Lan : Volume 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें