ℤ𝕖𝕣𝕠

The track is crowded, but no race, not yet.

It's a night-before, a sort of festival, a party. Ed would tell him to mingle, get to know his opponents, see if anyone is willing to show off enough to display a weakness or a tactic he can adjust and use as his own or probably avoid close-interaction. Get to know other teams in general, if there's someone friendly to hang out with later or simply a professional member he can gather info from. It's all about that, people drinking and gambling on whoever is going to win the next week's race, nothing too confident nor too frightened, just for the joy of it.

The seats are mostly for those who're cheering, or conversing quietly, wanting to have some private time. There are girls talking sweetly to competitors, those who had a special entry for knowing someone else around. Bras on display, crop tops, short shorts, tanned smooth skin, skinny bodies or too curvy, and too much make-up that will be ruined later, he knows that much, because whoever is turning their engine will try his best to land one of them, see who's getting the hottest in his bed tonight, who's getting a full group to cheer for him, and who's getting the biggest number at the end of the night. Not his piece of cake though.

"Might want to join in, mate!" Niall shouts from his side, the music blasting from each corner isn't that loud, not reaching them at all, a simple melody in the background that he can hear Niall clearly without shouting but as he turns his head towards his friend he sees him a bit tipsy, two girls laughing behind him as he raises his beer can, an amused smile on his lips. Of course, he's not the one who's spending the whole week training. Almost his entire life if he's being accurate.

Faint smell coming from the girls behind Niall indicates they're omegas. Sluts. Who is letting them out alone? He doesn't want to judge them based on their classification nor whatever reason they're here for, but they didn't show up for anything else, he knows that part very well. Betas like Niall can at least roam freely without someone poking at their backs.

"Think I'm good down here" He replies with a nod, a small smile playing on his lips as Niall shrugs and walks away with the girls. He turns his head again towards the open field, leaning back on the wall as he watches a new group entering, perhaps the last to arrive since it's after midnight. The group splits and only two remain.

There's a guy slightly taller than the other, more built, saying something to the other guy that he can't possibly here from his position while the latter seems bored but his eyes are sharp, cautious posture yet relaxed at the same time, hands in his jacket pockets as his eyes roam all over the place. He says something back to the taller guy making the latter frown, pout, probably pleading him for something. He shakes his head at the two, pushing himself off the wall once he takes the last sip of his drink. Not getting drunk for tonight, Ed would kill him if he did.

He's not even a few minutes in and he already hears someone shouting. "For fuck's sake, dude!" And another, "Back off before I cut off your balls!" Out of curiously, he turns to see the same people he saw earlier, those last arrivers, shoving at another group until some third party splits them up. "Pray I won't come for your ass later!" Again, another shout and he averts his gaze towards the two from the same group, standing away like it wasn't their team who's involved. He doesn't say anything, doesn't make assumptions, and turns to leave.

"That yours?" Someone asks from his side and he glances to see a green bike. No, he didn't actually bring his tonight, just Niall's car to get home with later. It's a nice one though.

"No" He turns to his side, familiar figure stands in front of him, friendly brown eyes and short brown hair styled into a quiff. The person nods, eyes fixed on the bike before they return to him.