Masterpiece | A Caretaker

Harry paced around his bedroom with his thumbnail in between his teeth. The twenty-eight year old man waited impatiently for Tawni to wake up. After she left his place yesterday she ended up not coming back like she said. Being paranoid, he went out in hopes of finding her but he didn't expect to see her passed in the alley with a bruise on her face and hand marks around her neck. It was like she had been there for hours and Harry is so glad that nobody took her. He was scared as hell right now.

This was now hour eight of him being awake and pacing around his bedroom. It was seven o'clock in the morning and he hasn't went to sleep yet. After finding Tawni in the alley it shattered his whole entire world, he thought she was dead and that alone made him want to kill himself. If anything happened to her than he wouldn't know how to live with himself. Luckily, she was still breathing so Harry carried her back to his place in the dark where he laid her down on his bed. He paced back and forth hoping she would wake up soon.

"H-Harry?" Whispered the young woman who was now slowly waking up. She had no idea how she ended up back at Harry's place but she was glad she was anywhere far away from her abusive stepfather.

Harry's neck almost snapped when he heard her voice, he sighed deeply and rushed over to her with his green eyes becoming glossy, "Oh my god Tawni. A-Are you okay?"

"I-I guess so," she spoke looking at him. "How..how d-did I get here?"

"I f-found you in an alley," Harry croaks. "Y-You were p-passed out and I t-thought you were de—,"

"I'm n-not dead baby," she assures softly wiping the fallen tears from his face. Having Harry crying over her broke her heart, and she didn't like it one bit.

"W-What h-h-happened to you?" Harry rasped.

Tawni looked away from him and sighed, "Nothing."

"D-Don't give me t-that bullshit Tawni," Harry warns looking at her. "Tell me."

Tawni hands went to her face as she started to cry, "I-It was m-my stepdad. He's c-cheating on m-my mama a-and I c-confronted him about it..t-that's where it all h-happened."

"D-Darling," Harry croaks removing her hands from her face. "Y-You don't deserve t-that."

"I-I'm so pathetic," she sniffs.

"N-No," Harry shook his head. "N-No you're not Tawni."

"I-It was m-my fault anyway. I pushed h-his buttons..and I d-deserved it," Tawni cries.

Harry hovered her over, being careful not to crush her, he looked into her eyes deeply, "Don't you ever blame yourself for this Tawni. None of this is your fault baby."

"W-What am I g-gonna do?" She croaks.

He leans down, kissing her ear and whispering something ever so softly, "I'm..I'm going to kill him."

The words sent chills down her spine, yet it put a wave if assurance over her mind. She knew that Harry was crazy over her, and quite frankly, she didn't that mind it at all.

"You s-stay away from him, alright?" Harry spoke looking at her sternly. "He's not h-hurting you anymore..no one is hurting m-my girlfriend."

"T-Thank you," Tawni closed her eyes and allowed Harry to place soft kisses on her face. It was like he was healing her with his lips and that alone made her feel better. She tried to ignore the thumping sensation in her chest but she couldn't. He had called her his girlfriend, and she would never be able to ignore that feeling.

"I'll start a bath for you," Harry spoke kissing her lips and rolling off of her then walking to his bathroom.

Tawni felt safe right now, but she still had a bad feeling like something was going to happen to her.

Harry came back and helped her out the bed. She winced from the pain she felt in her body. Being thrown down the stairs placed many bruises, strained her muscles, and it also gave her a major headache from the contact she made from the floor. She hated Chase so much.

"Uhm..excuse the paint on the mirror," Harry says nervously. "D-Don't like looking at myself."

"No worries," she whispers looking at the tub filled with bubbles, she then took her shirt off, sighing at the bruises on her body. "I-I'm so ugly."

"W-What?" Harry frowns. "N-No you're not."

"But..but all t-these bruises," she pouts, her self esteem was now dropping.

"You're still beautiful," Harry assures walking up to her and kissing her forehead. "You'll always be beautiful to me."

For the first time today she cracked a small smile, "Y-You're so sweet."

"Ew gross," he scrunched up his nose. "Don't me that."

"Why?" Tawni giggles.

"Because," he huffs. "Makes me feel unmanly."

"Wow," she shook her head laughing a little bit. "I'll r-remember that."

Harry was her support when she was taking off of her remaining clothes. For some reason he became nervous and started blushing when she was fully naked.

"N-Never seen a naked w-woman before baby?" Tawni teases wiggling her eyebrows at him, she caught him gawking at her naked figure and of course she had to call him out on it. She found it adorable.

"Oh my god Tawni," Harry groans blushing harder. "Don't start w-with me."

"You f-forgot that we h-had sex Harry?" Tawni continued on with a goofy smile on her face.

"N-N-No," Harry stammers.

"Wait..y-your eyes were closed," Tawni taunted. "I did good, no?"

"S-Stop it," Harry grunts, he hated how she got underneath his skin so easily.

"Okay," Tawni giggles relaxing in the tub, her body was once tense and now she felt much better.

"Uhm..c-can I help?" Harry asks biting his bottom lip nervously. "You know..wash y-you up?"

"Sure," she hums closing her eyes.

Harry grabbed a washrag and placed some of his body wash on it, he kneeled down by the tub and slowly gave her a nice wash down.

"You can touch m-me," Tawni spoke with her eyes closed, she knew he was nervous and she wanted to assure him that everything was okay.

"I'm w-working on it," Harry grumbles moving the rag down her body, he felt his confidence growing little by little, but he was sure to be careful.

"Love you baby," Tawni says suddenly with her eyes still closed.

Harry's heart fluttered and his lips curled into a smile, "I love you too."

With that being said it reassured them that everything will be alright even through the hardest times.

-

* disclaimer * hold onto your edges for the next five chapters & pay attention to details :)

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz