Pondering and plans -8-

Start from the beginning

I wrinkled my nose as Luke sat on the other side of her. "Can you guys not do that stuff while I'm here? I know you guys have your own secret love language or whatever, but leave me out of it. This is best friend time for all of us." Dannie snorted as she turned the TV on. Luke reached over her and ruffled my hair, beanie and all.

"You're just like that because you don't have someone to have a love language with." He teased. For some reason when he said that an image of Sebastian flashed in my mind. I pushed it out, this weekend wasn't about him and I. It was about spending time with my best friends.

"You mad," Dannie clicked her tongue. "Or nah?"

"Oh don't even start that with me." I couldn't stand that for whatever reason. Maybe it was the tongue click itself or just the way the whole thing sounded. Whatever it was, I hated it.

"Yeah, Cammy's mad." Dannie said decisively. "Alright, what do you guys want to watch? We have some crappy chick flicks, classic romantic comedies, things that will make you cry... more things that will make you cry, guns and fire, or stuff that will make you shit your pants because you're so scared." I laughed at the way she described the movies. We joked an argued about what to watch for a few minutes before I suddenly remembered something.

"Luke, where are the snacks?" Luke turned to face me and I could tell by his face he had forgotten. "Dude, you spent like half an hour out there, what were you doing?" He gave me his usual lazy smile. He was so relaxed about everything it was ridiculous.

"Well, see what happened was I went to the store and while I was in there I saw Parker and we talked for a while. I kind of lost track of time. Sorry." The last part was directed to Dannie. She was annoyed. Luke and Parker had a no-strings-attached kind of deal going on before this school year. Dannie did not like the 'other woman' at all. I could understand why she didn't like Parker and everything, but did she really have a right to be mad? Parker wasn't dating him and neither was she. She and Luke were doing the same exact thing. Yet she was jealous.

Women. I'll never understand them.

Dannie shook her head at Luke, then stood up and walked out of the room.

"What?" He called after her. When she didn't come back he gave me an incredulous look. "I don't understand what I did wrong!" This time I shook my head my at him.

"You got off easier than you should have. I'm going to go get the snacks. When I get back, you two better have made up." When it came to some things, Luke was so smart it was ridiculous. In other situations he was so oblivious it made me want to punch him. I often wondered if either of them realized if that they were made for each other. Probably not.

I sighed and made my way downstairs. I grabbed Dannie's keys that she kept in the rainbow bowl beside the door. As I was leaving I was pretty sure I heard something hit the wall. I would bet any amount of money that she had thrown something at him.

I got hit with a blast of air when I exited the apartment complex. For spring, it was still pretty cool. I tugged my beanie down over my ears as I walked across the street. I unlocked the car and slide in the driver's seat. I started the car and was about to start toward the store when I realized the seat was way too far back. "Seriously, Luke? You couldn't put the seat back when you were done?" I muttered. After adjusting the seat so my feet could actually reach the pedals, I pulled out of the spot and started towards the store.

The store was less than ten minutes away from Dannie's apartment so I was there in a few minutes. I pulled into the parking lot, made sure the car was in park, then got out. When I got into the store I knew exactly what everyone need. I got popcorn (what's a movie without popcorn?), three two-liter bottles of soda, chips, sour worms for Dannie, and pretzels for Luke. Luke was a strange guy, he preferred pretzels over most things. I got a bunch of Star-bursts for myself.