Slip of the tongue [Edited]

Start from the beginning

"I will try," I whispered. "I will try to tell you everything."

It was the only choice I could make. I was too weak  to resist the beautiful experience he had given me. I had nothing else to offer him but what was left of my degraded, tainted soul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well here it is," I said, spreading out some blueprints and pictures on a table.

After being unfairly cornered by both Havoc and Lucas that morning, I had reluctantly returned to gather my materials for the impromptu presentation. Of course Mike and Gary were roped in as well.

I glared at them, but they stared impassively back at me, obviously one in mind about the fact that they were not going to allow me the freedom to do anything they deemed dangerous.

I sighed. It was my wonderful luck that I was stuck with such gorgeous, protective men. 

 "So," I said clearing my throat.

 "According to my sources and research, it seems that Fiona is actually the daughter of a man who owns one of the largest shipping companies in the world."—I pointed to a picture of an old man who was scowling fiercely. His head was bald, his face free of facial hair, his eyes a steely gray that held a gaze so hallow and cold.

"His name was Draven Grey, the kingpin of the Greywaters Crime family that specialized in drug and arms dealings. He died recently due to a heart attack and thus, leaving his money and power to his sole successor Fiona, my ex-step-mother.

"I think Fiona was after my Father's will because whatever it contained would help her company obtain the necessary resources to make her company advance and with it, throw an even larger curtain over her crime activities."

Mike cleared his throat causing me to stop.

"If you don't mind me asking, Angel, do you know the exact contents of your father's will?" Mike asked, his sharp stormy grey eye piercing with intelligence.

"My father," I said slowly. "Controlled half of Asia's trade routes and owned some of the biggest shares on the market."

The eyes of all four men widen incredulously. I sighed in understanding. It came as a shock to me too. 

"My father's trusted associate or should I say family butler has been the one taking over my father's business after he died. It seemed to the world that my father was still alive. Mitchell, the butler, contacted me a few days ago after he heard of Fiona's attack, said that it was time for me to take over the reigns."

A heavy sigh escaped my lips, my body feeling tired and heavy. I put two fingers to my temple and rubbed it gently.

"But even with all the power I am being handed, none of it is a weapon honed enough to take Fiona down," I said, looking down at my fingers. 

"Angel," I heard Gary say.

I looked up at him and saw worry in his eyes.

"How are you going to handle that much power? You haven't even finished school yet?"

I looked at him, steel in my eyes. It was a question I too had asked myself the moment I learned the truth. 

"I understand your worry and I have spoken to Mitchell about this. I have told him that I have stopped going to the regular school, seeing as how Fiona would target me there." Gary and Mike exchanged a look with each other and were about to speak, but I raised a hand to stop them.