𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SENIOR YEAR, AND RILEY EVANS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER. The strawberry blonde witch just desperately wanted to get her life back on track. She wanted to put everything behind her and move on with the rest of the world. Riley headed to her locker with an array of books in her hand whilst her phone began to buzz in her pocket. As she pulled it out, she noticed it was Damon calling.

"I literally felt the house thirty-minute ago. Are you checking up on me?" Riley lightly chuckled. She held her phone up to her air with a shoulder as she stuffed her books into her locker. "I told you this morning that I'd be fine today."

"I don't doubt it. I was actually calling to let you know that things back here have gotten a little weird." Damon's voice trailed off slowly.

Riley began to tense up when she heard the tone of Damon's voice. Usually, it was not a good sign. "And why's that?"

"We have a new housemate. Barbie Klaus."

"Rebekah? She's at the house?" Riley asked as she slammed her locker door shut. "Why?"

"Because she's stranded," Damon stated whilst Riley rolled her eyes at the thought of bumping into Rebekah on the way to the kitchen. "Apparently, Klaus left her in the dust after I name-dropped Mikael."

"Ugh. Brilliant." The strawberry-blonde rolled her eyes and rested her back up against the wall of lockers. "Do I even want to ask what the no-humanity Salvatore is doing?"

"Oh, you know Stefan. Journaling, reading, shaping his hair." Damon teased with a slight chuckle.

"I can tell when you're lying to me, you ass,"

"Is that the bell? Oh, ring-ring. Don't wanna be late!"

"Da—" Riley called out but Damon had ended the call before she could get another question in. As much as she loved Damon, she absolutely hated it when he kept her in the dark about things.

"Riley!" The voice of none other than Stefan Salvatore called out toward the strawberry-blonde. "What a surprise bumping into you here."

"Hm. Almost like you didn't know I went to this school, right?" Riley rolled her eyes, then folded her arms across her chest. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? I'm going back to school." The Salvatore scoffed with a smirk across his lips. "Go Timberwolves."

"Right." Riley rolled her eyes and attempted to leave, but he stepped in front of her.

"Klaus wants me to keep an eye on Elena. I'm just doing what I'm told." Stefan shrugged. "Don't pretend you're not happy to see me, Riles. After all, you are my best friend."