𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | KLAUS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY GENUINELY COULD NOT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SHE HAD GOTTEN A PROPER NIGHTS SLEEP. Ever since the news of the sacrifice, and everything in between, the strawberry-blonde had been having trouble sleeping. Riley rolled over and gazed at her alarm clock and with a heavy sigh, she decided to peel herself from her bed to make a coffee.

As Riley sauntered down the staircase, gently rubbing her eyes as she walked, she was startled by Elijah. The Original vampire from their basement, who sped past her and stood at the threshold of the house. The strawberry-blonde halted, her eyes widened as Elena sprinted up from the basement.

"Elena?" Riley's gaze flickered between the Original, whose hands were pressed against the wooden door frame, and the guilty-looking doppelganger. What the hell is going—"

"Shh!" Elena placed her index finger up against her lips as she told Riley to be quiet. She then pointed upstairs, indicting that Stefan and Damon would surely be able to hear if they spoke any louder.

Elijah attempted to enter back inside the Salvatore house but was stopped at the threshold. Elena had not invited him inside. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you, but not here." The doppelganger mumbled, then she looked at Riley. "I can fix this. I can fix everything." Her attention was once again placed on Elijah. "Can I trust you?"

Elijah tilted his head with a raised eyebrow. He knew that he would be foolish to place his trust within the hands of Elena Gilbert once more. "Can I trust you?"

Hesitantly, Elena handed Elijah the silver dagger that was once plunged into his heart and rendered him dead. She knew that handing Elijah the dagger would prove she was placing her trust within him.

"I need to find out what he knows about Klaus. And, everything. There must be a way to avoid this— Bonnie dying to save us." Elena told the witch, who slowly nodded.

"Okay. Then, he can tell both of us." Riley's attention turned to Elijah, whose eyes were firmly placed on her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Elijah took the girls to the Lockwood Estate and compelled Carol to gather him a fresh suit, considering his one was burnt to a crisp. Riley looked at the Original with a concerned face but she knew that Elijah would not hurt either of them. All the pair of females really wanted was answers.

"So, I assume the Martin witches are no longer with us," Elijah raised the question as he sat on a chair in one of the many rooms of the Lockwood house.

"No, sadly, they aren't." Riley's eyes fell onto the floor as she remembered back to the needless deaths of Jonas and Luka Martin.

Elijah slowly nodded, almost as if he had anticipated that they would have been dead. "And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died."