"How was your lunch, sweet Rose?"

Knowing that telling him I had lunch with another man would stir his possessive tendencies, I refrained from revealing it. "It was great. I had tacos. I was so happy to see Claire smiling again. She was so sad this morning."

The chair creaked, and I imagined him getting up and walking to the window overlooking the sky. There was a deliberate pause on the other side, and it was killing me not to see his face.

"Was it something to do with what Jones said?" The way he said it calmly and with ease made me tremble. Oh no! Evan knew I was with Adrian. Why wasn't he angry, though? Still, I thought of explaining myself before he got riled up.

"I know what you're thinking, Evan, but you must know Claire was with me and I–. . ."

"Come into my office, Rose. Now." He hung up, and I stared at the receiver for a long time before placing it back. Since I couldn't see him, I had no idea if he was seething with anger or upset or both. Worse, since he sounded so calm, I knew better than to take make light of the situation.

Resisting the urge to assume the worst, I ventured into his office. As anticipated, I discovered him with his back to me, absorbed in the view outside the window. His coat was casually draped over the coat rack, leaving him in his vest, which subtly showcased his physique. I had to take a pause to savour the sight of my delicious husband who was apparently pissed at me.

"I have something for you." Our anniversary was a few days ago but the gift I had ordered for him was delayed. I hoped the delay would be worth it to remember the most special day of our life.

"What is it?" His back was still rigid and unmoving. "You'll see it when you get home."

His posture was tense and reminded me of a similar situation in our past which tightened the ache in my chest whenever I thought about it. I had to take deep breaths to calm the sudden palpitation of my heart.

"Are you mad at me, Evan?" When I finally found my voice, I had to ask.

"No," he responded casually, "I'm not mad at you. I'm . . .envious." The confession took me by surprise. I knew my husband was a possessive man and often expressed his displeasure when another man looked my way. But I didn't expect him to be express it that way. Still, I hugged his back and found his body relax. I loved the effect I had on him. He softened under my touch and held my hand in his. His firm told me everything he felt.

"I love you." Since I already had my hand on his heart, I could feel his heart rate quicken and smiled to myself. How was it that those three words often calmed the most restless hearts? Even of someone like Evan, who often claimed he didn't believe in love.

"Its okay, you don't have to say it back. I know how you feel about those emotions, and I won't force you to say anything," even if it shredded me everyday to not hear those words, "but baby, you're the only man I have ever said those words to. Spending time with other people doesn't make me love you any less. Not Adrian, not any man can take your place in my life."

The change in body language was reassuring and told me I was at least a little successful in melting his negative feelings. "Kiss me." I demanded.

Instead of doing what I asked, Evan pressed me against the wall and held me by the nape. Blue eyes pierced my soul and made me revealed the enormity of his emotions. "How do you do that? How do you calm me so easily?" I smiled and pulled him closer by tugging his tie. Like a child, Evan needed constant reassurances of my love and I was prepared to give them for as long as he needed. I understood his insecurities and the need to be constantly assured that I was going to be with him for all my life. The terrible betrayal of his mom's disappearance from his life had shaken his beliefs and I didn't blame him for being the way he was.

There was a child in him that needed healing and I was determined to be that for him.

Soft lips gently pressed against mine and teased me until I was begging for more. The coaxing of his tongue urged me to open my mouth and he grabbed the opportunity to set both of us on fire. Evan's lips were made for pure seduction, his domineering thrusts in my mouth weakened my knees and made me grab onto him tighter. But his hard body barely moved an inch when I put my hand on his chest. "I want to be inside you, Rose. I'm so hard right now." I could tell, the rock-hard ridges of his erection against my stomach were evidence of his desires.

"We don't have time for that, your next meeting is in twenty minutes." He looked at me with dreamy eyes and a wicked gleam. "This won't take long."

***

I was flushed and overheated from the afternoon orgasm I had just received from my husband not moments ago. I could still feel his hand and mouth between my legs and that made me red faced with embarrassment. Evan was certainly pleased with the outcome although I was surprised, he had focused his entire attention on getting me off. I had offered and then begged for him to just take me against the couch, but he stayed tucked into his pants. The selfless act made me fall deeper in love with him.

I was daydreaming the sight of my husband kneeling between my legs pleasing me with his mouth when a tap on my desk alerted me.

Ten minutes later I was amid a serious discussion between the Chief of Anderson Group, his two executives who were both attractive women and Evan. I was taking down notes and assisting him like I usually did and was amazed at the authoritative and fluent ease with which Evan engaged with the clientele. He had charmed both the women with his confident and skilled facts presentation as well as his outrageously sexy personality.

The fact I was I was still a reeling from my earlier orgasm which I was sure had fried my circuits. Evan spared me occasional glances with heated knowledge of my state and there was a smug smile on his face when he looked at me that said I did it.

When the discussion ended and I showed the executives out, I deliberately glanced back at my husband who looked at me with heated yearning.

"What do I have on my agenda for the rest of the day, Mrs. Carter?" He asked once I was back in the privacy of his office. There was a mischievous look in his eyes, and I understood that very well.

"Let me see, Mr. Carter," I made a show of looking through his calendar, "hmm, fortunately you have no further meetings for the day and are free to enjoy the rest of the day as you wish." His eyes took a dark gleam, and I noticed the strain against his pants. He was aroused and had been so since before the meeting. I hadn't enjoyed his torment but the thought of him suffering in anticipation of having me again excited me.

"Any way I wish, huh?" The teasing note in his voice wasn't missed by me.

He looked at me and purred dangerously, "You are a very efficient assistant, Mrs. Carter but you're playing a dangerous game."

Uh oh!

He walked closer and though my instincts told me to take a step back I remained rooted on my feet. "I thought you liked playing games." I challenged.

"Oh, I do." The raspy confident voice had me curling my toes. "But first let me demonstrate."

"I think your earlier tutorial helped me understand the game very well. I've been dying to play it with you firsthand, Mr. Carter." His eyes shone with heated knowledge of how I'd looked while he pleasured me earlier. His wicked smile told me he wanted to do wild things to me.

"Rose." He breathed only inches away from me.

I dropped to my knees and showed him just how it was done.

• • •

Vote
Comment
& Share