•~•CHAPTER 20•~•

Start from the beginning

"Did you just...roll your eyes at me?" He sits up again and gradually makes his way into a standing position.

I drawl out a maybe and begin taking cautious steps backwards. Just as his deliberate steps switch to a lunge, I flip around and sprint to the ocean. The sand makes this task hard but even Mason struggles so in no time at all, I have him coaxed into the warm ocean.

When he gets to me, he quickly tosses me over his shoulder. "Are you going to roll your eyes at me again?"

"I don't know. I might," I giggle, jumping in shock when he slaps my ass. "Mason!" I shriek, mortified by how much of a cave man he is being.

"Wrong answer." With that he tosses me away from him into the ocean. When I resurface, Mason is laughing maniacally.

I splash him while coughing, my mood only slightly dampered by his annoying tendencies. I can't really be too angry when Mason's laugh is so joyful.

"Stop! Stop!" I shriek girlishly when he moves towards me again, mischief dancing in his eyes.

"Why should I do that? You're the one that wanted me in the water," he points out, slowing stalking closer.

"Because we have dinner reservations and I need to get ready." He hums as if thinking it over, still moving in.

"Not good enough. You already forced me to get my hair wet." When I move away from him, his eyes darken as his wolf comes out to play. The chase is all the fun for the animal.

My own wolf rises to meet her alpha's playful challenge and she flashes her canines his way.

I'm not surprised to find myself in his arms within the next second, although he is a cheater for using wolf-speed.

"Why are you always pushing and testing his dominance?" He growls against my ear, referring to his wolf. I giggle slightly, knowing that he likes my teasing even though he'll deny it.

"I love you Mason," I tell him, leaning back to look into his eyes.

He answers me by pressing his lips against mine. His lips are salty from the ocean but he is still so familiar to me.

"We should get back, though," I remind him softly after pulling away.

He rolls his eyes but begins walking out of the ocean, pulling me along by our interlocked hands.

"So where is this oh so important reservation?" He asks me as he opens my door. I get in, happily accepting the kiss he plants on my cheek.

"It's a restaurant on the resort. It's high class so dress up mister," I grin. He shakes his head with a small smile before closing my door and walking to get in on his own side.

He grabs my hand across the console as he drives, his thumb drawing aimless patterns on the back of my hand. My heart warms at the small, but meaningful gesture.

The car ride is silent but I am more than comfortable just soaking in his presence.

When we pull up to the hotel, the valet takes his keys while he leads me inside. We grab an elevator and ride up to the pent house, Mason stealing kisses all the while.

"I'm taking the first shower!" I call, running ahead of him to the giant bathroom.

"Aww babe! But sharing is caring!" I hear his heavy footsteps chasing me along with his booming laugh.