Chapter 2: Alex

I wait in my brother's office while he does his thing with the board. I hated those guys so much- well other than Noah. He's my brother's bestest friend, like they've literally got a bromance going on. They've been friends since they met in elementary, they even graduated from both the same high school and college together. They're literally inseparable.

He's like my second brother and he basically lives with us. I use to have the biggest crush on him... when I was 10 but obviously that was never gonna work out. He always saw me as his little sister so that fantasy was gone quickly. I'm spinning around in my brother's fancy desk chair when I hear the glass door swing open.

"Having fun there, Lia?" I spin the chair to face the tall melanin man in front of me holding a smirk on his lips.

"Well you're not gonna give me hug or what? Cause you know not having you bug me for two months was very very painful" he says exaggeratedly and begins to hold his heart.

I laugh at his attempt be hurt and get up to give him his hug. I'm wrapped in his arms and I can't help but smile at his familiar scent.

I take in his aroma and pull back, looking up into his dark eyes "Tommy Bahama?" I comment and he shoots me a smile.

"Gold star for you!" he chuckles lightly and I roll my eyes.

"Well, I did buy you it for Christmas... It smells great right!" I reply and he nods in agreement.

"This cologne is a total chick magnet, I got like 10 compliments from girls in the law office and about 100 more from some girls at this club downtown. The ladies love it." he says while giving me a face of approval.

"You're such a flirt Noah, I'm surprised you're not a baby daddy yet."

"Well... actually... you were gone longer than you think and-" he begins to purse his lips and my eyes widen.

"WHAT! No freaking way!" I say shocked cutting him off and he begins to laugh loudly.

"Oh my god! You should've seen your face! HILARIOUS!" he chuckles loudly, "James is right you're an easy scare!" he continues laughing and I furrow my eyebrows as I cross my hands.

We finally arrive home and I quickly shoot a text to my best friend Liv -- but get no reply. I've been texting her all day since I got back and I still haven't gotten a reply. She better be pretty busy to not reply to my messages, I huff but quickly shake off my small tantrum.

Well I guess I'll stop by later on and see what she's up to. Right now I'm in desperate need of a shower.

"James. I'm gonna shower and head out to Liv's later." I beam a smile and he nods in approval as James, Noah, and I enter the house.

I run up to my room and take in my surroundings with a smile plastered on my face.

"I missed you most of all." I say pointing to my bed and I laugh to myself... Okay I need some serious psychological help.

I jump in the shower and hop back out 15 minutes later. I check the time to see it's already 9:35 pm but I still have no texts from Olivia. Oh well, I put on a white t-shirt dress, my black louboutins and a black leather jacket and grab my car keys from the table near my door as I head downstairs and enter the garage. I get in my black Camaro and head out to Olivia's.

I reach her house and see her car parked right in front of her house.

"Oh liv... you owe me big time for this one. I can't believe you forgot I was coming back today." I say in disbelief to myself as I enter her house using my spare key.

I'm walking into her kitchen when I see a pink glittery banner hanged up that says "WELCOME BACK LIANA" and I'm soon covered in confetti

"WELCOME BACK LIAAAA!" I see my bestfriend run up to me and wrap me in a tight hug.