Chapter 5

Yesterday was a pretty decent Monday. Elliot was fun to hang out with.

I stepped off the bus and Isby followed as we entered the school.

“Hey so are you into Elliot?” I asked Isby.

She shook her head. “Nah, I don’t find him as attractive and I don’t know I just don’t find his personality my type.”

I nodded, understanding her.

“It’s only Tuesday.” She complained and I nodded agreeing with her.

“What’s up ladies?” A familiar voice called. I was soon greeted with an arm around my shoulders, Isby the same.

“I’m sorry Elliot but the way you greeted us reminded me of that one guy from Grown Ups.” I began.

“The guy from Saskatoon? He was funny.” Isby responded. She always knew what I was talking about.

“Okay you guys are weird. And I have no idea so how about you show me to the main office?” He asked, giving off a prize winning smile.

I’m not a morning person and neither is Isby. So I nonchalantly began walking away, faster so they wouldn’t realize I left.

I should’ve looked where I was going because I bumped right into a strong chest. My eyes scanned their way up the chest which was wearing a deep red shirt with a black vest.

"Ms. Carter. You were born with eyes so that you could use them." A spark of amusement floated in the familiar voice of Mr. Tanner.

Hmph. I stood up straight and folded my arms. "If that's the case, why didn't you just move out of the way?"

He stepped aside and I was suddenly grateful for him stopping me. The daily morning crowds were filling up the hallway. People every morning hang out, chat, and just chill with friends in the main hall. And once you entered the maze of people, you were sure to get lost.  

"He. He. He. Thanks." I replied shyly.

"No problem Ms. Carter. Just make sure you pay attention to where you're going next time." He walked past me, probably heading to the main office.

"Just make sure you pay attention to where you're going next time." I mocked as I walked around the crowd. Who does he think he is? I'm still pretty mad at him for embarrassing me in class. And the whole study hall thing was a one time thing. I was never going to ask him for help again!

*

Time for the one class I newly dread: Chemistry.

"Cheer up. I'm sure it won't be that bad today." Isby stated as we made our way through the halls to the chemistry classroom.

"What won't be that bad today?" That annoying voice popped up again and Elliot emerged from behind us.

"Chemistry class. The teacher was a dick to Sam yesterday." Isby summarized.

"Is there anything I can do to protect you from this evil king?" Elliot questioned, bringing up our conversation from yesterday.

"Yeah. Leave me alone cause I can handle this by myself." I turned and entered the classroom, sitting down in the first row seat. Elliot went over to Mr. Tanner who, I gotta say looked hot today too.

The tardy bell rang and I silently prayed that Elliot would not get the empty seat next to me. And once again, I didn't pray hard enough because Tanner assigned Elliot that seat.

"Alright you guys. We've got a new student today. Elliot." He pointed to Elliot and judging from his face, he had the same reaction I did, annoyed. "So today you're going to be working on dimensional analysis worksheets which have 70 problems on them."