Chapter 2

"Hey Sam, are you okay?" My best friend Isby asked. Well her name's Isabella but I call her Isby.

We were walking down the halls at school on our way to fourth hour. I mean before what happened this weekend, I was totally fine with fourth hour, but now I don't know what to think. I have Chemistry fourth hour with *gulp* Mr. Tanner.

I absentmindedly stopped outside the classroom door. Isby had to pull me aside so I wasn't blocking the path for other students.

"Okay Sam, speak!" She shrugged my shoulders.

I shook my head. "Nothing's wrong." I lied. If anyone found out about what had happened, I'd be in so much trouble, Mr. Tanner even more. And I'm not saying I like him, it's just he's a good teacher. I can't believe I didn't recognize him!

The tardy bell rang and Isby sighed.

"Girls?" Mr. Tanner stepped outside, ready to close the door. "Class is starting and I don't want to mark you late." He looked at me with a cold gaze. One that sent shivers down my back, the bad kind. All the happiness and amusement from the weekend, gone within a heartbeat.

I nodded and followed Isby inside. She could tell something was wrong. She always can. She's like a human lie detector. I don't know how long it'll take before she makes me spill the beans.

"Okay. So who here remembers dimensional analysis?" Mr. Tanner asked, grabbing a marker and making his way to the white-erase board. Normally I'd respond by raising my hand but I knew that wouldn't be a good idea. Usually I was always the happiest in the class because I actually liked chemistry, but now it all felt wrong.

"Mmm look at that sexy ass." Isby whispered in my ear from behind. She sat right behind me and I sat in the front. Mr. Tanner was wearing black dress pants and a blue dress shirt with the collar unbuttoned at the top, giving him just the right edge of sexiness.

We occasionally joked about how cute Mr. Tanner was but now it felt gross and disgusting; but at the same time, the wrong part of me wanted to have more.

Everyone knew Mr. Tanner was the hottest teacher in the school. He was in his early 20s and was hired to replace a teacher who retired. The school hired young teachers who were fresh out of college so that they didn't have to pay as much.

Mr. Tanner cleared his throat. The sound of the low growl coming out reminded me of his mouth on mine at the community center. How he was gentle yet fierce at the same time. He was such a good kisser...

Why do I keep thinking about this?

"So everyone remembers how you start out with the unit you are given. Then the slot on the right to it is the unit you want to switch to." He explained while drawing a diagram. He turned around and faced the class. "Would anyone like to try a problem on the board?"

I turned to my bag and began rummaging through it nonchalantly. I didn't want him to call on me or see me; such high hopes for someone in the first row.

"Ms. Carter?" My head bobbed up from my bag at the mention of my name.

"Yes Mr. Tanner?" I tried not to sound too eager.

"Since you think going through your bag during the middle of a lesson is more fun than the lesson itself, please, enlighten us on why the contents of your bag contain more enthusiasm than chemistry."

I sat up with a deer in headlights look. Why was he being a dick? I mean he never minded kids going through their bags to get pencils or books or papers. Why would he target me? I'm one of the few good students who actually pay attention, well except this one time.