I'm trying to look hot, not twelve

(((((((((Erin's POV)))))))))

Jug picks me up at my locker after school. As we walk out I notice he hasn't said anything since this morning to me. Betty and him are probably arguing again and, he doesn't want to hear me dis her like she does to me.

Harrison and I were talking by my locker before Jug came up. We were talking about the dance and who's good at dancing. Well we talked about him being good at dancing. I suck at dancing. Always have. When it comes to two person dances, I let the other person take the lead. It works.

Jughead came up to us and tugged my arm all the way out of the school. Not saying a word. Even now he's completely silent. I hate it.

We hop into Kevin's car, him in the driver's seat and me in the passenger. Kevin is going home with Archie and Betty, letting Jughead take the car to the mall.

"Hey Jug?" I call as he starts the car.

"Yea what's up?" He replies backing out of the school.

Oh Erin just come out and say it. It's not big deal, he just has to know.

"For the dress." I start.

"What about it?" He asks now interested.

I take a deep breath and look at him.

"I'm trying to look hot, not twelve." I joke.

"Erin!" Jughead yells and snaps his head towards me.

"Jug I'm noting to the dance in some cute little fufu dress." I insist. "I'm fourteen and going with a date. I wanna look good."

Jughead sighs and looks back at the road.

What's gotten into him? It's not like I'm changing into something I'm not. I've gone to dances before. What's his problem this time?

"Who's taking you there? Is Kevin driving you and you'll meet Harrison there?" Jug questions me.

"Harrison's gonna ride with me and my dad. He said he'd take me." I explain.

My dad hasn't met Harrison yet. They've only heard of each other. My dad's probably going to do the over protective dad ritual with him. I'm honestly scared Harrison will leave after that.

I'm looking for two dresses today. One for the future, and one for the dance. If I get two now, then if something like this ever comes up again, I'm not rushing around for another one. simple math and logic.

"What's going on with you?" I finally ask Jug after a while.

Jughead doesn't answer me. Simply he keeps his eyes on the driving and adjusts the heat, since it's freezing today. Stupid fall weather.

"Jugster?" I try again to gain his attention.

He still doesn't turn around. Fine if he's gonna be mad for a reason and not tell me, that's up to him. Just don't come out and blame me for things that aren't my fault when he's ready to tell me.

I hate it when people do stuff like that. Especially bringing depression into it. Like if I dated someone and they broke up with me. I was depressed before hand. Them breaking up with me may have made me upset, but I can't blame them for making my depression worse. Who does that? It's not their fault they weren't happy with me. I can't just blame them.

"Erin you know I love you right?" Jughead says all of a sudden.

Wait, what's going on? Did something and happen? What isn't he telling me?