Leaving Riverdale

((((((((Erin's POV))))))))

I don't know what made him think this was a good idea. As I stare out my window I see the 'Now Leaving Riverdale' sign quite disturbing.

Yes I'm thrilled I'm actually leaving this depressing town for the day. If only a major part of the towns depressingness wasn't coming along with us.

Kevin hasn't told us what we're doing yet, but I'm sure it will be fun. Not as fun as finishing that damn painting though. Stupid boys.

No one has said anything since we go into the car. Kevin is driving and Jughead is sitting next to him in the passenger side. Why Joaquin isn't sitting there is beyond my imagination. All I know is I'm extremely tired.

Last night all I could dream about was Joaquin terrorizing me. Screaming over and over again how I was nothing and how I would be better off dead. Then my brother appeared and told him about our mom. Joaquin told him how it's my fault why she's gone, and Kevin agreed. Kevin starting yelling a thousand times how it was my fault mom left. Then him and Joaquin started walking forward and I try to move backwards but my feet aren't moving from the ground. The entire area is purple and pink. The boys stop in front of me and Kevin pulls out a knife and hands it to Joaquin looking at me with a grin on his face. Joaquin takes the knife and an evil smirk reaches his lips. He raises the knife and before he can stab me I wake up.

Come to think of it, I haven't been having the best night sleeps in a while. My make up won't even cover the bags under my eyes. If anything it enhances them.

"Tired Erin?" Kevin asks looking at me though the drivers mirror.

"No I'm awake." I lie.

"Bad dream?" Jughead questions.

"No I'm fine." I lie again.

"Well we aren't going to be there for a while. Why don't you try and get come sleep for now ok?" Kevin suggests.

I take a look at Joaquin next to me who hasn't taken his eyes off me since we got in the car a half hour ago.

Images from my nightmare come back to haunt me. The knife is literally there is his hand waiting for me to sleep again so he can kill me right then and there.

"No no I'-I'm ok." I stutter.

"Sleep Erin." Joaquin commands me.

"Erin I promise you'll be fine. Just a quick nap won't hurt you." Jughead protests. "You do look a little tired hon."

"Fine I'll do it for you and Kev." I give in.

On the inside I'm frightened that if I go back to sleep I'll finish that dream. What ever happens when you die inside of a dream? Where do you go? Dream Heaven? Nightmare Hell? Normal night Purgatory?

I close my eyes and rest my head against the cool glass of the car window. I try my best not to fall asleep.

The boys wait a couple minutes before taking again. Well Jughead breaks the awkward silence.

"Kev how long has this been going?" Jug asks my brother.

"Couple months now." Kevin answers. "She looks more and more ghostly every hour."

"Any ideas on why she doesn't eat?" Jug questions.

"There's many ideas running in my head. Two pop out the most. One is that she goes to school with a bunch of sticks." Kev says.

"Sticks?" Jughead repeats.

"Hold out your hand." Kevin tells Jug. "See your pinky. Those are the girls at her and our schools. See your ring finger? That's what she thinks she looks like."