Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Outside the station, a nondescript blue van sat idling at the curb. Teyan jumped out of the driver seat and opened the back door. My father hurriedly pushed Zane and me in while he got into the passenger seat. Teyan took the driver's seat and pulled away from the station like a mad man just as Mikal was shoved out of the door and almost to the ground by a herd of women.

I guess Data didn't do too well of a job at keeping those women away. Either that or he was mauled and eaten.

Feeling Zane's hand still wrapped around mine, I glanced up to see if my father was looking. Upon finding he was not, I punched Zane in the ribs. He flinched slightly but, thankfully, let go of my hand. Teyan and my father just raised their eyebrows.

I leaned forward and looked at my father, then realized something.

"Am I going to get my suitcases or will those women consume them?" All three demons looked at me like I was insane. I shrugged. "I had my best pair of pants in there. I do have my weaknesses even though I am a guy."

"Like a good pair of pants?" Zane asked, a gleam of amusement in his eyes. "We just escaped from a mob and you are worried about your pants?" I looked him over again, he was handsome but...

"There wouldn't have been a mob if the seven of you weren't standing there radiating feminine appeal. Or if Raidon had just come by himself. And what's the deal with that anyway, Dad?" He looked back, a bright smile on his face and I knew he approved of me calling him dad. "Why did we leave those three behind? And who exactly is this louse beside me anyway?"

"Louse?" Zane interrupted. "You wound me, K. I am not a vampire. Therefore I am not a parasite." I glared at him and turned my accusing stare on to my father. He sighed.

"As for Mikal, Brand and Data, they can fend for themselves. They are in no real danger."

"But don't you feel sorry for them? Leaving them to a mob of women?" My father frowned as if this hadn't occurred to him.

"I feel slightly sorry, but it...ah, it gives them something to do."

"Something to do? I'd like to hear how they'd respond to that." Teyan, who was turning down another road, grinned back at me.

"I have been on the receiving end of that, Young Master Kei and I can tell you it is quite entertaining." I think my jaw dropped. He thought it was entertaining? I definitely didn't want to know what he did in his spare time.

"As for your other question Kei," Zane said with an air, he pointed to my father, "you see, your father here is like royalty to Tartarus."

My dad gave a scoff, "I am royalty." Zane just flapped one of his hands at him.

"You see, your father is of the Prince of Darkness."

This time I knew my jaw had dropped.

"The Prince of Darkness? As in the King of Hell?" I was screaming, quite loudly too if the flinches I received were any indication. Teyan had a look of amusement on his face, my father had a slight frown and Zane had an expression of pain.

"Why does Earth Side refer to me as the King of Hell? I hate that nickname. It should be the King of the Underworld or Overlord of the Underworld." My dad muttered to himself. I just gazed at him, my jaw still hanging wide open, waiting for some deranged fly to zip right in. At that thought, I snapped my mouth shut.

"You," I punctuated the word with a hand waving in his direction. Dear Dad flinched, hanging his head like a child stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. Or caught opening a present before Christmas. "You are the ruler of Tartarus? You, with your cover model looks?" His brows scrunched together as if trying to remember what a cover model was. His eyes lit up when he remembered. I just glared at him and turned to Zane.