Operation Avocado: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Amami, what are you doing no-"

"Hey, does Kiibo like Panta?" Amami interrupted. She gave him a confused look.

"No, not at all. He doesn't even like it when Ouma drinks it, says it has too much sugar. Why?" Kaede asked.

"Well, look at this." Amami said as he handed her the binoculars. In the bag Kiibo was holding, Kaede could make out the Panta label. She gave him back his binoculars as a small grin spread across her face. Things were getting interesting!

Amami and Kaede continued to follow Kiibo back to his apartment until eventually Amami stopped.

"Look over there." Amami whispered. He pointed to Kiibo who was now talking to Saihara.

"Ok...he's talking to Saihara, what are you trying to show me?" Kaede questioned.

"Check out Kiibos face, is it just me or does his face seem a little flushed." Amami said staring them down, "And the way he's standing and fiddling with his hoodie makes it seem like he's pretty nervous!"

"Hmmm...yeah! You're right! Why do you think he's nervous?" Kaede asked as she looked at the two more intensely.

"Maybe he has the hots for Saihara!" Amami said with a worried look on his face.

"I hope not! I'll ask Saihara what they were talking about after we're done." Kaede said. There was no way Kiibo liked Saihara...was there?

The rest of the way to Kiibos apartment, nothing happened until they had arrived back. The two were standing behind another bush. Amami frantically started hitting Kaedes arm to get her attention.

"What? What's wrong?" Kaede asked nervously.

"Kaede....I need to sneeze..." Amami said slowly in a super serious tone. Kaedes face quickly turned into one of horror. They had come so far and it was so quiet where they were that if Amami sneezed, Kiibo would be able to easily hear it and it would totally blow their cover!

"Amami..." Kaede said slowly like she was talking to a dangerous animal, "Just hold it in. Don't. Sneeze." She could see Amami start to open his mouth.

"Amami don't!"

"Kaede...I'm sorry..."

"No do-"

*sneeze*

As soon as Amami sneezed, Kiibo swivelled around to face the two of them standing behind the bush. They didn't even have time to duck before Kiibo spotted them.

"Kaede? Amami? Why are you standing there? And, why are you wearing...that?" Kiibo asked as he neared the two.

"Uhh...ummm...we are...doing...nothing?" Amami stuttered suspiciously. To make things worse, they were still wearing their glasses and had even added fake moustaches. Amami gave Kaede a thumbs up as if he had saved them and Kaede slapped her forehead. He had only made things worse.

"Wait a minute..." Kiibo said as stared at the two, "Are you two stalking me!"

The two of them attempted to give an excuse but all that spilled out of their mouths were incomprehensible mumbles and a few weird hand gestures. It got so bad that by the end of it, they were both talking about different things. Kiibo stepped back a little, he was obviously weirded out.

"Why?" Was all Kiibo managed to mutter while still standing there creeped out by the two. They both ran up to Kiibo and put one hand on either shoulder.

"Who do you like!" They both demanded in unison. Kiibos face immediately heated up at the abrupt question.

"N-not telling!" Kiibo stuttered as he spun around and started walking into the building. The two of them followed him all the way up to his apartment, continuing to bother the robot the entire time.

"Please! We won't tell anyone! We're your friends, we're just curious!" Amami pouted. Kiibo opened his door and spun around in the doorway.

"Fine..." Kiibo sighed in defeat.

"If you really need to know...I...uhhh...I like-" Kiibo stopped himself as he spotted Ouma walking down the hallway.

"I like no one!" Kiibo declared as he ran inside, shut the door and locked it. Amami and Kaede groaned, they were so close!

"Huh? What are you two doing here? And, what are you wearing?!" Ouma giggled as he grabbed the spare key from his pocket and opened the door.

"Nothing!" They said at the same time, both pulling off their 'disguises' and stuffing them in Amamis bag.

"Weirdos!" Ouma giggled as he stuffed the key back in his pocket. Before Ouma could walk inside, Amami pulled him towards himself and put his arm around the small boy.

"You know Ouma, you really are a good friend and I just think you should know that. I've been thinking, and you're just a real pal you know that." Amami said as he pulled Ouma closer to him. Oumas giggles died down and he wiggled free from Amamis grasp.

"Yeah...thanks I guess..." he said nervously as he slipped inside and quickly shut the door.

"Amami, what was that. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish, but trust me, you failed." Kaede said coldly, she was just as confused as Ouma was.

"Oh really~ Then what is this!" Amami exclaimed as he reached in his pocket. Seconds later, he pulled out the spare key that Ouma had.

"Amami..." Kaede said as she eyed the key, "What are you gonna do..."

Amami let out a suspicious laugh.

"It's time to do some snooping!"