Could You Love Me {XIX}

Start from the beginning

"Bitch!" Britney yelled, and I nodded towards Imogen.

Imogen let her go, shoving her towards me. I wasted no time in right hooking her, making her stumble back. I returned another blow to her face, making sure to bust her lip as she did mine, grabbing her wrist and pulling it painfully behind her back. I knee'd her on her spine in the same place as last time, making her cry out as I shoved her to the ground, right next to her sidekick.

I went to do some more damage when someone's arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me behind them.

I swore to myself that if it was Axel, I was going to beat the living shit out of him too, but I looked up to find Chase instead.

"Let me go Chase." I spat, shoving his arms off of me.

"Enough O." Chase ordered, a stern look on his face as he blocked me. "Look at them, they're bleeding."

I glanced at the two girls crying pathetically on the ground, indeed bleeding, still managing to not feel fully satisfied.

"Yeah well I got a fucking concussion." I bit, glaring at Chase.

I saw Axel standing in the middle of Archer and Dean, who clearly all witnessed me beating some plastic ass.

Axel's ocean eyes watched me intently, his face expressionless and cold, just like his old self. I didn't like that version of him.

He was mean, harsh, unemotional.

That version of him didn't care, but I liked the one that did, and just like everything else, I had to ruin it. I chose to believe it was for the best, what "fate" had aligned for me. Axel was capable of making me do stupid things, say stupid things, feel stupid things.

Like Archer said, he scared me.

I couldn't control him, I couldn't read him, he was unpredictable, and I didn't like unpredictable. So that's why I had to look away from his gorgeous eyes, before I would do something I'd regret, turning around and walking away from the party.

Walking away from him.

***

"So, Chase's parents are out of town and he's throwing a party tonight." Imogen sang, walking by my side as we entered the school.

"On a Thursday?" I questioned oddly, opening my locker.

"You know why he can't throw it tomorrow, O." She sighed, making me glare at her.

"And if he knows me at all, he'd know a party would-"

"Be the last thing you'd want to go to tomorrow. I know. You don't need to act like it's just going to be another day, O." Imogen cut me off, giving me that frown that says 'You know I'm right so stop arguing'.

"It is going to be just another day." I dismissed, shutting my locker. "A party would be ideal."

Imogen sighed, not approving my answer, waving goodbye as she dropped me off at my first period class.

Major gossip was going around about both of the fights I had been in within the span of a week. Guys I didn't even know high fived me and told me good job for giving the bitch a reality check, while some girls called me their 'hero'. Others looked at me in disgust, ready to pounce because I attacked their 'queen'.