Could You Love Me {XVIII}

Start from the beginning

"Oh, how you offend me." I mocked. "But I guess I should be honored that you took time away from giving Brad a blowjob in the boys bathroom to insult me."

Taylor let out an angry yell, lunging for me. I easily avoided her and ducked under Britney's flying fist, only to have Taylor's fist jab into my side.

Her terribly weak punch made me laugh as I kicked her ankles, easily making her fall in her skyscraper heels. I delivered a blow straight to her face, feeling particularly merciless.

Britney caught me off guard by slapping me in the face, hard.

"Daddy couldn't teach you how to throw a punch?" I spat, the familiar taste of metallic filled my mouth as I realized her rings busted my lip, only managing to make my anger grow.

I grabbed a handful of her hair, forcing her to bend down as I delivered my knee to her stomach then my fist to her jaw.

While I was taking the time to beat the living shit out Britney, Taylor's other barbie helped her up, which caused Taylor to grab me by my hair, slamming my head into the wall. I instantly felt nauseous, feeling blood running down my forehead, probably from the bitches fake claws.

"You're dead." I bit, squeezing my eyes shut, listening to the sound of their heels hitting the ground as they ran out of the bathroom.

I quickly followed them out, practically falling into the lockers as I ran after them into the cafeteria. I grabbed Taylor by her hair even though I was seeing five heads instead of one, pulling her to the ground, getting one good hit on her face before someone's arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me away.

"Oktober, oh my God." Imogen gasped, quickly standing up from her seat.

That caught the attention of Chase, Archer, and Dean, making them all look up at me with wide eyes, standing up as well.

Only one person was left who wasn't afraid to touch me, knowing I wouldn't turn around and knock their teeth out as well.

Axel.

I quickly shoved his arms off me, instantly falling at the lack of someone holding me up. My head was throbbing and I felt as if my brain was going to pop like a balloon, making me groan in pain.

The last thing I saw before darkness was Axel's worried expression, making me wish I was actually dying.

***

"Ms Blackwood, nice to see you're finally awake."

My eyes opened wider as I took in my surroundings, the man's voice startling me.

"Where am I?" I questioned, sitting up abruptly.

"Calm down Miss, you're fine. You're at Lakewood Hospital." The man who I realized was a doctor explained, a confused look filling my face. "Your friends brought you in a few hours earlier, but my nurses told them to leave you be. All left but one."

I nodded, knowing it was Imogen, feeling my head pound as I did so, instantly regretting it.

"Is my brain okay, doc?" I groaned, watching as he chuckled.

"Mild concussion. You can't sleep, I repeat, can't sleep, for at least eight hours. Just to ensure your safety."

"What happens if I do?" I quirked a brow at him, making the doctor raise his eyebrows.

"Then you could possibly end up in a coma and never wake up again."

I shrugged, lying back in the bed. "Sounds great."

The doctor seemed to not like my comment, seeing as he took some notes on his clipboard. "That's why we asked your friend to make sure you stay up for eight hours. You may not sleep until midnight, understand?"

I saluted the doctor, watching him shake his head.

Who knew doctors were so rude.

"What's this bandage on my forehead?" I questioned, trying to take it off.

"You are a handful." He swatted my hand away, looking at me in disbelief. "You have a small abrasion from your scalp to your forehead and a busted lip. We applied medicine to both and you'll be just fine, as long as you don't sleep for eight hours." He said, pausing before walking out the door of my hospital room. "I also contacted your school telling them you will be out until Thursday. So take these next two days off to rest. If you feel sick or your headaches worsen, come back to the emergency room." The doctor ordered, giving me a stern nod before walking out the room.

Two days, no school.

Don't mind if I do.

Though when I went back, I would probably get suspended for the rest of the year, due to how bad I was going to beat Britney and Taylor's pathetic asses.

The door opened to my room again and I expected it to be Imogen, but instead, I received a worried Axel.

"Shit." I thought I said to myself, but ended up saying out loud.

He chuckled softly, making me roll my eyes at how annoying he was, always trying to play hero.

He just feels bad.

It's pity.

"Listen, I already have a headache. Can you just go?" I questioned seriously, making him shake his head.

"No can do darling. You're stuck with me until midnight."

"Why you out of all people?" I muttered to myself, not caring wether he heard it or not.

"Because I refused to leave until I knew you were okay." He retorted, shoving his hands in his front pockets.

"Well you can go now, I'm fine."

He scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. "Can't you see I'm trying here?"

I laughed coldly, "Yeah I can and you're wasting your breath. You hate me Axel. You made it clear to me that I'm nothing but a whore who tries to get with your friends. Why are you trying to change that now? You feeling bad because your little booty call Britney helped give me a fucking concussion?"

"I've never hated you!" Axel exclaimed, his ocean eyes blazing with anger. "Did the thought ever cross your mind that I care about you? But I'm stupid for caring aren't I? I always am." He scowled, turning on his boot covered heels, pausing at my door. "I'll call Imogen."

And with that, he left.

Just like he always did.

***