Could You Love Me {XV}

Start from the beginning

"Canon ball!" Chase hollered, jumping in after her.

"You guys are lame." I declared as they came back up from underwater, removing my shorts. "Try going to the top."

I walked over to the cliff where the waterfall was, climbing up the rocks, Axel behind me. It was like climbing a fake rock wall, making it easy.

"Nice view from down here, Blackwood." Axel smirked, making me cock my head so I could see him below me, his eyes skimming from my bottom to my eyes.

"Did you forget that with one swift movement of my foot I could knock you off this cliff so you fall to your death?" I questioned sweetly, batting my eyelashes sarcastically.

"You wouldn't." He retorted confidently, making me arch a brow.

"Don't tempt me, Dawson."

"You couldn't and you wouldn't." He pressed, obviously humored by our conversation, making me roll my eyes.

"Bite me."

"Gladly."

I scoffed at him, climbing the rest of the way up, my jaw dropping at the amazing view.

"No matter how many times I come here, I'll never get over how beautiful this place is." I sighed blissfully, placing my hands on my hips.

"Yeah." Axel agreed, never taking his eyes off of me. "Me neither."

We held our stare for a minute, me being the first one to break away due to the burning feeling in my soul that his eyes were causing.

"Hey Ella! Can you catch this shot?" I yelled down to her.

"Of course!" She shouted, going into my bag and pulling out my camera.

"Get on my back." Axel ordered.

"What?"

"Get on my back." He repeated.

I quirked my eyebrow at him, but jumped on his back nonetheless.

"Ready!" Ella shouted up.

"Do you trust me?" Axel questioned, holding me up by my bare thighs, backing up on the cliff.

"In this particular situation, no." I stated, feeling him chuckle underneath of me.

"Good."

He broke off into a run making me scream, jumping off of the cliff with me on his back.

The drop was short enough so we didn't die when we hit the water, but long enough for you to fall in love with the rush it gave you.

Underwater, Axel twisted me around, so my legs were wrapped around his torso and we were face to face. When we came up, my arms were wrapped around his neck, and my heart was pounding sporadically. He leaned closer to me, his ocean eyes flickering from my lips to my eyes, as if was going to ....

kiss me.

Dear lord, please kiss me.

His lips were ever so close to mine, making my eyes flutter shut, only to feel them move across my cheek, to my ear.

"See, I'm trustworthy." He whispered, making me let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Friendzoned.

With that he pulled away, a stupid smirk on his stupid lips making me want to punch his stupid face because he was so stupid.

Well, shit.

***

"Okay now give me that sexy 'I know I'm hot but you can't have me' face." Imogen ordered from behind my camera, making me pose.

My spot from behind the waterfall was beautiful, I couldn't even explain it. The shots I took in front of the waterfall were great too until Chase and Alexander photobombed me, then Alex linebacker tackled me into the water.

God how I hated those twats sometimes.

I watched as a smirk broke out on Imogen's face, making me look at her confusedly.

"What?"

Before she could answer me, I was swept off my feet and into someone's arms bridal style. I heard the 'click' of my camera go off a few dozen times as I looked up at my newfound photo bomber.

Axel.

"Smile you two." Imogen said, making me glare.

I looked at Axel once more, seeing him smiling at the camera, making me do the same.

"Okay, that's hot. I'm posting that like everywhere." Imogen groaned, walking away with my camera.

Great.

***

A/N: Chapters 11-15 have been updated! Thank you all so much for being patient.

I've noticed as I have been editing that the way I want to change the story is drastic, which is not what I wanted to do. Like I said, I wanted to keep the story as original as possible because that's how I wanted it to be when I first wrote it, and it keeps a peace of my life the same lol! Just like every other writer, our stories are parts of ourselves, so I would like to keep Could You Love Me how my 2016 self wanted it to be, just less cringy and more mature!

Thank you all so much for reading and interacting, I can't even fathom how many reads my book is getting.

Until next time,

-MT