Could You Love Me {XII}

Start from the beginning

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Axel spoke first, politely shaking her hand that caused a smile to itch it's way onto my lips.

Oh it's too early for him to be so attractive.

"You too. Just next time make sure you let me know when you're staying over." Kate smirked, making me groan as she tossed me a wink.

Breakfast went unexpectedly well. I found myself rather enjoying spending time with Axel, just the two of us. I tried to ignore the tingling feeling I got when he smiled at me, and the dreaded butterflies that would erupt in my stomach when he'd laugh at something I'd say.

Oh, kill me.

"Sorry about last night." I laughed as I walked him out to the porch, closing the door behind me.

"Don't be, it was a good night."

His smile was infectious and before I knew it, I was smiling back up at him.

"So, I'll see you Monday?" I questioned in an attempt
to play it cool, making a small smirk appear on his face.

"Unless you want me to stay the night again."

Oh what a tempting idea.

I rolled my eyes, shoving him softly. "In your dreams Dawson."

"You know it." He replied, his smirk never faltering.

He took me by surprise when he wrapped his arms around my small frame, engulfing me in a hug. The foreign feeling of heat rushing to my face appeared again, making me inwardly groan.

I gave him a small smile as he let me go, walking off to his car, the feeling of dismay making me frown.

I realized in that moment that I didn't want him to leave, missing his presence just seconds after he left. I glared at his car as he drove away, mad at myself for feeling such things, for having such horrid thoughts that I actually wanted Axel to stay. I didn't know what changed in me, but I knew something did, and I didn't know how to deal with it.

God, help me.

***

"No way! You asked him to stay the night!? Kudos to you my friend." Imogen exclaimed as we walked into school.

"Wouldn't of happened if I was sober." I muttered, making her smirk.

"Are you sure you weren't sober? Pretending to be drunk would be a good cover up."

I scoffed, shoving her away from me, stopping at my locker.

"Who do you think I am?" I retorted, taking out my text books, shutting my locker and turning around to find Imogen being all lovey dovey with Chase.

I get it universe, you don't need to rub it in my fucking face.

"Care for some company?" A familiar voice questioned, Axel appearing beside me.

Just kidding universe, thank you.

The whole 'being friends' agreement with Axel brought out a whole new side to him that I never had the pleasure of seeing before, and I couldn't help but enjoy it.

"Just as long as it's not yours." I teased, making him roll his eyes at me, a light smile on his face.

"Will I ever get tired of your witty comments?" Axel questioned to himself rhetorically, making me smirk.

"Probably."

He chuckled as I spun around, walking beside him again.

"Hey Oktober! Heard it only takes five bucks to have a good time, so what can I get for ten?" Some guy I had never seen before called, a smirk on his face as his friends patted his back laughing, holding up a ten dollar bill.

Oh Taylor, what rumor did you start about me this time?

"An even better time." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Axel stopped walking, his jaw clenched as he looked at whoever the kid was, making me feel slightly worried.

"Hey come on, we'll be late." I beckoned, looking up at him as I tugged on his arm.

"Just give me a minute." He muttered, looking down at me before looking back up, walking over to the guy.

Axel gripped him by the collar of his shirt, slamming him against the locker, making his buddies scramble away.

"If I ever hear another word come out of your mouth again about her, I'll knock your fucking teeth out." He bit making the guy squirm under his hold.

"Okay man, just let me go!" The dude yelled, making Axel drop him, hitting the ground with a loud 'thud' and groan.

I quickly grabbed Axel's hand, pulling him away from the scene and down the hall, out to the parking lot.

"Maybe today isn't a good day for school."

***