06 • Games and Singing

Nia walked through the crowd of people reaching towards Mal. "Are you ready?" Mal asked as she stopped in front of her. "As ready as I can be." Nia was far from ready. After last night she didn't actually want to face Ben. "You're going to be okay. Good luck." The purple head left her alone so she could start the plan.

Nia turned towards where Ben was standing, catching him before he left. "Hey, Bennyboo!" She jokingly called out to him. "Hey." He smiled at her. "I just made a batch of cookies." She held up a bag of cookies in front of him. "Double chocolate chip, do you want one?"

"Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game." He told her. "I don't eat before a big game. But thank you, so much." Oh, no. She had to get him to eat the darn cookie. "Thank you. Next time, next time." Ben started to walk away from her. "No, yeah." Nia pretended to be sad getting Ben's attention once again. "I completely understand." He looked confused at her. "Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."

"No, no, no." The young prince tried to defend himself. He didn't want her to be sad again. "No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." The petit girl slightly smiled at him. "No, that's not it. No, no, no, I, I really do-" He stumbled across his words, trying not to hurt her feelings. "No I get it." She told him. "You're cautious. That's smart of you." Mia reached down into the bag, grabbing the cookie. "Oh, well, more for me, I guess." She was slowly bringing it to her mouth. "No, no. Hey." Ben grabbed the cookie from her, taking a bite of it. "See that? Totally trust you. Totally."

The other villain kids where slowly creeping towards them. "How are they?" Nia asked him, hoping that the potion would work. "They're good." Ben assured her. "They're great! They're amazing!" Nia smiled at him. "They're, uh, I mean, they're chewy and, and you know, they.. is that walnuts?" The brunette nodded her head at his question. "I mean, uh, you know, the.. the chocolate.. the chocolate.. the chocolate chips are.." He had difficulties getting his words out and Nia knew that the spell was beginning to work. "I'm sorry. Um, uh, they're, they're warm and soft. And they're sweet." It was working.

"Nia, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" He asked her, about to take another bite before Nia snatched the cookie out of his hands. Jay slowly approached them, wrapping an arm around Ben's shoulder. "How you feeling, bro?" He asked the prince. "I feel, I feel," Ben paused trying to find the right words. "I feel like, singing your name." Oh, boy. And as he said, he did. "Nia!" Said girl was quick to cover his mouth, not wanting any attention do be drawn to them.

"Alright, well you better go get to that tourney game!" Mia told Ben, trying to get him away from her. The prince grabbed her hands. "You'll be there right?" He asked looking into her green eyes. "Yes, I will be there." Nia released her hands from his grip. "Alright! Well I'll see you later!" He ran away, going to get ready for his game.

***

There were only 23 seconds left of the game. Everyone hoped that they would score the last goal so that they would win. "The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay." Nia, Evie and Mal all cheered on him. He had been doing great through out the game. "Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos." They both started to move through the kill zone. "Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay." Nia cheered him on. "He passes to Prince Ben."

The crowd looked in awe as he took the shot. "He scores!" The announcer yelled, the crowd going wild. "Prince Ben has won it!" The teamed looked so proud that they just had won. "What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible!" He commented. The crowd was still going wild. Cheering the team on for winning. "And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here! What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever." He told the crowd that were still cheering. "Here they come, folks. The winners of the tour-" Ben went to grab the microphone, cutting the announcer off.

"Excuse me! Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" Ben tried to silence the crowd as he went to stand on the podium. "There's something I'd like to say." The crowd silenced, waiting for what he was going to say. "Give me an N!" He shouted into the microphone. The crowd yelled back. "Give me an I!" The crowd yelled back louder. "Give me an A!" Nia froze in her spot as she realized what was about to happen. "What does that spell?" He asked the crowd. "Nia!" They yelled back at him. "Come on, I can't hear you!"

"Nia!" Evie, Mal and Lonnie yelled teasing Nia in the proses. "I love you, Nia." Ben smiled finding her in the crowd. "Did I mention that?" Audrey ran away as Nia stood there with her eyes wide open. "Give me a beat!" Ben yelled towards the band. "Uno, does, tres, quattro." They heard Doug count before the music started to play. "Woo!"

"What was it in that cookie?" Nia asked as Ben started to sing. "Did I mention that I'm in love with you? And did I mention that there's nothing I can do?" He jumped down from the stand he just was on. "And did I happen to say, I dream of you every day. Well, let me shout it out loud if that's okay. "

Nia wanted to block it all out. She was never big on cheesy gestures. In fact, she hated them. Nia really wished that Mal would have brought don't even think about it the cookie instead of her. Mal actually liked him, opposite of Nia who was just starting to not want to puke everytime he talked.

"My love for you is ridiculous. My love is r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s." The prince jumped into a group of manly cheerleaders arms. Nia was stunned at the perfectly timed dancing, almost like it had been rehearsed for hours. "R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s." The cheerleaders threw don't even think about it into the crowd. "It's-" Ben sang as the crowd moved him towards Nia. "Ridiculous!"

"Just-"

"Ridiculous!" As he was about to reach her, Nia tried to run away but Evie and Mal blocked her and turned her around. "And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss. Come on, now!" Then he tried to kiss her. Nia noticing this, blocked him with the shirt he had thrown at her. "I love you, Nia." Ben wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Did I mention that?"

Out of nowhere, Audrey came up to them with Chad behind her. "Chad's my boyfriend now!" She said into the microphone. "And I'm going to the coronation with him." Audrey told everyone, mostly Ben. "So I don't need your pity date." Ben took the microphone away from her. "Nia, will you go to the coronation with me?" He looked hopefully at her. "Sure!" He smiled a toothy grin. "She said yes!"

***

Oh god I really can't write singing scenes.

Don't you worry to all Harry/Nia shippers out there, I have a lot in store you you all ; )

AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1.6K READS! I'VE ONLY HAD THIS BOOK FOR LIKE 3 DAYS AND YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN SO KIND. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!