05 • Hugs And Cookies

As Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay were sitting inside the girl's room, Nia was seated in the hallway doing her homework in peace. She was to tired of all the wand talk that whenever they mentioned it, she left the room in seconds. All they ever did was talk about it and to be quite honest, Nia wanted to stab them with the stupid wand whenever she heard something about it.

Footsteps where approaching Nia as she was just about to finish her work. Sitting down beside her, prince Ben smiled at her. "What are you doing in the hallway?" Nia looked at him for a short second. She couldn't tell him about the wand or else they would get kicked out. "Just doing some homework."

"Why don't you do it in you room?" The soon-to-be king asked her, a bit confused too. "I needed a quiet place. It's like a zoo in there." The boy laughed. "Hey, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" Nia wanted to know. She was sure that the others where wondering too. "Yeah, the whole school goes." Ben assured her. "Do you think it would be possible for the five of us, or one of us, could stand in the front? We really want to soak up all the goodness that we can." Nia looked at him hopefully. "I wish you could," The brunette sighed, "Up front it's just me, my folks and my girlfriend." The petit girl nodded her head. "Right."

"But, I might be able to break a few rules and get you a spot there." Nia's eyes lit up. She looked at the prince before tackling him in a big hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Ben laughed at her silliness. Nia let go of him and started to collect her things, before running back into her room leaving Ben outside smiling to himself.

"Guys!" Heads turned towards the eager girl. "We get to go to coronation!" Mal was about to ask her something, but Nia cut her off. "No, we don't get to stand in the front row. That's just for his folks and his girlfriends."

"Guess Ben has to get a new girlfriend then." Mal smirked towards the young girl. Nia was slightly catching on what she ment. "No. Never. Ben told me that he might be able to get me a spot in the front anyways." Nia was about to go to her bed as Mal stopped her. "Better to be on the safe side." The green eyed girl groaned, knowing exactly what was about to happen.

***

"All right, it says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." The five villain kids where in the kitchen making the love spell cookie.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Jay suggested to the purple head. "No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness." Mal told him. "And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly."

"A tear's a tear." Nia got off of her chair and went over to Mal taking the batter away from her so she could get a break. "There you are, Mal!" The girl covered the recipe with a napkin as Lonnie walked in. "I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair." The purple-haired girl nodded at her, not very interested.

"Midnight snack, huh?" Lonnie asked the group of five. "What you guys making?"

"Just cookies." Nia informed her. Lonnie reached for the bowl as the villain kids shouted at her to stop. She licked the batter off her fingertip, unaware of the love spell. "What? I'm not gonna double dip." Nia chuckled at her.

"Feel anything?" Evie asked the brunette in front of them. "Yeah, like it's missing somethings?" Nia added to her question. Lonnie locked weird at them.

"Hey, there." Jay leaned against a bar, trying to get her affection which didn't work. "It could use some chips." Lonnie told them as she went towards the fridge. The group looked at her confused. "And those are?" Nia asked her.

"Chocolate chips." Lonnie looked shocked and confused at them. "Just the most important food group." The five villains still looked very confused. "Wait, didn't your mom ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" They all shook their heads. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and.. why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just different where we're from." Nia told her, tears forming into her eyes. "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought." Lonnie trailed off, "Even villains love their kids." They all looked at the ground. Tears starting to roll down Nia's cheeks and into the batter. Mal noticing it, grabbed her hand in support. Hearing those things where hardest for her. "How awful."

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by." Mal rushed Lonnie out. "Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow." Nia dried away her tears as Mal started to order them around so they could bake the cookies.

***

When they all went to bed, Mal and Evie were fast asleep. Nia was struggling and couldn't help but to think about what Lonnie said. Nia's parents died when she was very young, so she had to raise herself making her stronger than the others.

The brunette put on a cardigan as she walked out of the room and to the backyard. She wanted to go back to the Isle. She missed it so much. She missed the people that she called her family. Walking around in the grass she pulled the cardigan closer to her body as a gust of wind came. Nia stopped at the end of the garden, looking back at the Isle. She could imagine all the fun that her friends were doing. She felt lost being in Auradon.

"Hey." Nia looked behind her finding Ben coming towards her. She slightly smiled at him before she turned around, stating back at the Isle again. "What are you doing out here?"

"I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk." The prince looked at her and he stood beside her. "Why couldn't you sleep?" He asked her. Nia turned to him. "Did your mom ever make you chocolate chip cookies when you were feeling down?" Ben thought it was an odd question, but he didn't question her about it. "All the time." He smiled at the memories of his mother cheering him up.

They stood there in silence for a bit, looking at the Isle. "You miss it, don't you?" Nia looked at the ground. "It's okay to miss it, Nia." He assured her.

"I miss my friends there so much. They were the only family I had." Ben saddend at that part. He never thought that he would take them away from their families. "What about your parents?" Tears started to roll down her cheeks at the mention of them. "They're gone. They're both dead." Realization hit her. She had never quite gotten it through her head that they really where gone. Ben pulled the girl into a hug, trying to calm her down.

"Please don't leave me, Ben."

"I wont."

***

Aww my baby :(