succeeding involves trying

Gabriela

He looked conflicted as if a thousand thoughts were running through his head and he had no idea what to do. I knew what he was thinking and I didn't like it.

"I'm not some broken pop machine. Stop thinking you can fix me," I snapped, sniffling.

He stared at me.

I stared back.

"Wasn't planning on it."

I scoffed,"And I wasn't planning to kill myself."

My response was sudden and blurted, I could tell he was surprised, but he wiped it away. He didn't speak and glanced towards his car, almost anxiously.

"You can go, ya know," I quietly spoke.

"Just...just tell me one thing," he turned to me, observing my expression.

I gave him a blank one.

"Okay."

"Why were you laying in the middle of the road?" he questioned, not missing a heartbeat.

I laughed bitterly, shaking my head, "I already told you."

"But why?"

"They told me to," I said back.

"Who's they?" he asked, confused. He took a tentative step towards me, tilting his head.

"You said one thing."

He sighed, stepping back.

"A guy can try."

"But trying doesn't always lead to success and-"

"But not trying doesn't either."

"Touché."

I gave a small smile, staring at the worn out road below me.

I had always told myself that. I told myself that even if trying wont always lead to success, I'd never know if I didn't try. It's just so hard. It's hard to try every time and never succeed. I just wanted to quit.

"You're thinking."

I smiled bigger, looking up.

"What a mind reader."

"I wasn't reading your mind. I was just pointing out my observations," he smiled back.

"How could you tell?"

"Your eyebrows-"

"Sarcasm," I stopped him.

His cheeks started to redden as he looked back to his car. Seeing where he was looking, my smile faded and the bitterness came back crawling up my neck.

"Just go," I told him.

"Okay."

"No, seriously just- wait what?" I asked, shocked he agreed.

"I'll go."

"Wait, you're actually agreeing to leave?"

"Yeah." His lips twitched at the sides giving me the hint he was trying to hold back a smile.

"Are you lying?" I questioned.

"No."

"What's the catch?"

"You come with me."

I grimaced, taking a step back. I didn't want to seem stubborn, but I couldn't just go with some strange hobo looking guy. He looked like he hadn't shaved or had a haircut in a long ass time. It was unsettling.

"You're judging me."

"What, no," I denied.

"You totally are!"

"Shut up-"

"That's so rude!" he frowned.

"Dude-"

"You child!"

"Whatever."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"First, you're emotional, and now you're just rude," he commented, shaking his head.

I stayed silent, not looking at him. Instead, I watched the colored leaves fall for what seemed like an eternity until they hit the dried up and dead grass. Time was being wasted with every leave that fell and I knew of all the things I could be doing and the places I could be exploring, but I was standing around, mourning.

"Please, just go with me."

I looked at his dark skinned face now, noticing how green and deep his eyes looked. They looked so hollow it gave me shivers.

I sighed.

"Okay."

-

wEY HEY IT'S BEEN A WHILE TF

anyways what's up guys sorry this chapter took forever to put up I've been having major writers block with this story it's not even funny and I've had no motivation to write it ever since I've lost my interest in one direction all together (tear)

yEs I've been having thoughts of deleting this book because idfk where it's headed I have no plans for it whatsoever, but I want your guys opinions

trash it or finish it?

if I do end up wanting to finish it, it may take once again a long time to upload just so I can figure out and plan how this story is going to go or at least get an idea.

okay so I hope you guys enjoyed this terribly boring and horribly written chapter

hopefully another chapter will be up soon maybe idk

and I will be rewriting the prologue sometime soon btw because it is absolute sHit but i wrote it like two years ago (holyshit tard) but you cant blame me but my little wannabe punk teen self that i was so yeah

peeeAaaCCCEee

-katie