lviii. SHOPPING

"I'll only be a little while longer, I promise."

"You said that an hour ago," Bucky complained, tugging on the sleeve on your coat. You paused your walk through the aisles of the clothing store you were in, turning around to stand in front of him. You looked at him with a pleading expression and he returned a pout. You did feel terrible. You only decided to go shopping because you needed something to wear to Tony's party but the more shops you saw, the keener you grew to scour the entire shop floor. Unfortunately, Bucky insisted he would tag along though he had made it clear after, approximately, 15 minutes of walking around that he no longer wanted to be there. 

"I'm sorry, Buck." You pressed a gentle, quick kiss to Bucky's pouted lips but he quickly drew your lips back to his, moving his hands that were previously in yours, up to your cheeks to caress your face gently. 

"We're wasting time." You pull your lips from him and tug him past the many clothing racks as he groans, following behind you.  

"I tell you what," You begin, trying to reason with Bucky. "How about if I'm done in the next half hour, you buy me lunch. If not, I buy you lunch and anything else you want from any store here." Bucky's lips turn up in a soft smile, admiring how proud you were of your mediation. 

"Alright then." You smile, pleased at Bucky's lightened mood. "Starting now." He quips, raising his watch to check the time. You rush off quickly, pulling him behind you.

-

"One more minute and this queue looks awful long." Bucky teases, watching the seconds tick by and flaunting his watch is front of your face to show you the same. You playfully smack his arm away, making him grin. 

"That's not fair. Technically, I won because I am done. It's just this stupid queue's fault." Before Bucky can reply, you open your mouth again but this time to speak out against someone trying to push in.  "Hey lady, back of the queue!" The elderly lady looks at you, wide-eyed, before quickly scurrying to the back in fear of you. 

Bucky grasps your arm, rubbing circles on it with his thumb to calm you down. "Calm down, doll, I'll pay for lunch if you really want." 

"It's not lunch I care about, it's winning. How long?" You rush to the newly opened counter, shoving other out of your way. "15 seconds, I don't think you'll-" You couldn't hear Bucky over the sound of your boot hitting the floor with such high impact repeatedly, as you bounced your leg to relieve stress. 

"Time's up."

"That's not fair, she's almost done." You whine, pointing at the cashier who was finishing bagging your items. "But you win..." You pout, laying your head on Bucky' shoulder in exhaustion.

"I was thinking Chinese for lunch?"

-

"Alright, that's lunch paid for," You said sliding a small pile of cash into the bill holder and hanging it to a waiter. "And I did agree to anything else you want from any place here, so... what might you want?"

Bucky used the time you took to gather your belongings to think. You held out your hand which Bucky took eagerly and the two of you left the food court. "I know what I want."

"What?"

"You."

(a/n: lmao the end I hate myself - sorry this is short, I was going to make it a part of the 'Bucky and...' series but I thought it was cute so I would extend it.)