xlix. NICE TO MEET'CHA

[REQUEST]

"I promise it won't be that bad." Bucky grumbled in a response as the two of you walked towards your family home. "By the way..."

Bucky raised his eyebrows at you, recognising the tone in your voice. That was your 'there's something I haven't told you' tone and that made beads of sweat gather on his forehead. "There's a family friend coming to visit. She's a bit... special. Don't be afraid is all i'm saying."

Before Bucky could open his mouth to muster a response the door flew open. "Oh my God, if I'd have known you'd gotten so pretty I would've dressed up more." Harley Quinn launches herself into your arms as Bucky watches on in awe. Harley had exchanged her classic costume for a more festive edition but her makeup hadn't changed one bit. Neither had the giant smile she had plastered onto her face. "Harley, this is Bucky, my boyfriend. Bucky, this is Harley, an old friend."

"It's so nice to meet ya, I've heard great things." Bucky shook her hand with a tight lipped smile as he exchanged a nervous glance with you. "I didn't know that (Y/N) had told you about me?"

"Oh no, she didn't. I've just been following her. Checking she's okay. Killing any bad boyfriends."

"What?"

"What?"

There was an awkward air of silence and Harley stared on to Bucky with a stern glare. "I'm kidding... I get someone else to kill them for me." She chuckles, clutching her stomach as both you and Bucky force nervous laughs.

"You two are gonna get frostbite in this weather. Come inside!" And with that she tugs the two of you through the door.

-

A week later and Bucky was still recovering from the stress of meeting your family. He was out doing some grocery shopping when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

UNKNOWN:
hiya sweet, you seen (y/n) around town?

Bucky furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he scanned the message again. And again. And again. This was an unknown number but he was pretty sure he knew who it was.

BUCKY:
who is this?

UNKNOWN:
have a guess, doll face

YOU HAVE SAVED THIS CONTACT AS HARLEY

Bucky sighed in frustration, clenching his jaw. Not that he didn't like her or anything, he just had a strong feeling that she meant trouble.

HARLEY:
anyways, you know where i can find (y/n). we were texting an hour or two ago and i haven't heard from her since. i thought maybe she was hangin with you

BUCKY:
sorry, she's not with me. i'll call her and see if she answers.

BUCKY:
she should answer.

Bucky was nervous. He hasn't heard from you since he left either which was quite unusual. Usually you'd text him several times, asking him to pick up stuff that you'd forgotten to add to the grocery list. But this time, nothing. He tried to calm his nerves as he dialled your number.

He heard ringing a few times before the call cut to voicemail. So he tried again. Still nothing.

BUCKY:
she's not picking up

HARLEY:
i broke into your apartment

HARLEY:
she's not here

Bucky looked past the fact that someone he barely knew nor trusted was standing by herself in his apartment because he was too worried by the fact that he didn't know where you were. He dialled every number on his phone, asking whether they'd seen you, as he abandoned his trolley and ran out of the store.

One awkward car ride later and Harley Quinn was standing in the Avengers facility in awe of it's grandeur. "We don't have time. Let's go." Bucky tugged Harley by the arm as he led her to where the rest of the Avengers were.

Bucky had briefly informed them of the character that was Harley Quinn but you could tell that they were all taken aback when she entered the briefing room. Bucky shook his head, telling everyone to simply move on without questions.

"We've located her. She's a smart one. She sent out a tracking signal via. her watch so we found the signal pinging off of a bunch of cell towers. Right in the middle," Steve zoomed in on his projected map. "A HYDRA base."

"HYDRA?" Harley questioned.

"Bad guys." Bucky responded simply.

"Cool."

"Bad guys that took your best friend hostage."

"Not cool." Harley began to swing her bat around in an attempt to express her rage. "Let's get 'em, Buckaroo."

-

"I know this base inside and out so follow my lead." Bucky whispered, his gun pressed tightly to his chest.

"Why are we whispering?" Harley was bent down to the same height with the same stern gaze that she'd been putting all of her effort into trying to copy. Bucky replied with a sharp glare to which Harley raised her hands in defence.

"Not my fault that you're cranky."

The occasional insults and teasing was cut short when men began to storm the two from both sides. "You got this?" Bucky checks with Harley and her mouth turns up with a smirk.

"You bet."

Harley raises her bat, smashing it onto the first head in sight. She ranges her combat skills from tackling guys to kneeing them in the balls and yanking the hair of her female opponents. A short amount of bloodshed later, Harley was waiting on Bucky to be done with his shooting. He turns to her, ready to help her out, but she's simply blowing on her nails and leaning on the wall.

"Oh... you're done? 10 more seconds and I would've just gone looking for (Y/N) by myself."

"I hate you."

After scouring a good amount of rooms and fighting, what seemed like all of the, HYDRA agents, they'd finally found the room in which you were strapped to a chair, hazy on mild sedatives.

"Bucky," you sighed in relief at the sight of your super soldier boyfriend. "And Harley?"

"I told ya not to get into trouble and what do you do? Get into trouble. Kids these day. Geez." Harley continues ranting as she pulls apart your restraints but by the subtle smile on her face you can tell she's relieved that you're okay.

"So you two worked together?"

"Unfortunately."

"You got yourself a grumpy boyfriend there, (Y/N). Very grumpy."