Chapter One

Meeray, being drenched by the rain kept on running, and running just wanting to escape from this hell.

Rain mixing in with her tears eased her heart a bit, because it makes her face more red and flushed, that way it covered the slap mark her dad left her.

Looking around in the dark she saw a lamppost across from an open convenience store, she smiled but that didn't last long because she left everything at home, after that fight with her father she dashed out of the house.

Cold, penniless Meeray slumped down on the concrete hugging herself and letting more tears flow.

Jae was emptying the boxes in the convenience store and putting everything in its place getting ready to lock up, until he was beside the glass door.

Jae saw a girl drenched who has a puffy and frizzy hair from the rain he thought to himself what's she doing there all alone?

Jae looked away searching for his umbrella and heating a chocolate muffin and an apple pumpkin muffin from one of the bags they're selling, when it finished he went out to her.

Meeray who kept on crying didn't see nor sense that Jae was next to her. Jae put the open umbrella and the bag of heated muffins beside her.

Jae who now got soaked ran to the convenience store splashing water everywhere, this caused the girl who he helped to look at him.

Noticing him running, Meeray looked around and found an umbrella next to her with a bag that's radiating heat.

There weren't any towels in the convenience store so Jae picked up tissues and dryes himself off a bit, he raised his gaze up towards the girl when they connected eyes, he flashed her a smile which made the girl turn away.

Meeray turned away from this guy blushing, his smile was charming. Meeray took the bag and held the umbrella in the other hand jumping happily in the rain.

She kept on eating and squealing from time to time muffins are my favorite oh but I wish I had a strawberry one she thought.

Jae watched her go wild then pout, this scene amused him he kept on laughing while watching, but that didn't last long because his watch rang indicating it's time to leave work.

While Meeray out there was enjoying herself, Jae locked up and ran to his house with the rain still pouring down.

Meeray after she finished eating noticed that the guy closed the store, realizing that she kept his umbrella with her made her feel bad now he has to walk in the rain.

This made her heart beat faster, made her feel things she never felt before. With the umbrella still in her hand she squeezed it and held it close to her heart, and went back the way she came to the place she hated the most home.

------------------
Thank you for reading ❤️
If there are any mistakes do tell me about them! Have a lovely day.