Chapter Sixteen: Pragmatophobia

Start from the beginning

"I have to pay the rent somehow" You respond, trying another route around her mind

"I'll pay it until you get another job" Your mum offers, placing a hand on your shoulder and a weak smile gracing your face at her small display of affection

"I'll look" You promised "But right now I have a job that I signed a contract for, to get to"

Eventually, you managed to convince her that you would be fine, and would stay by your co-workers at all times. You doubted you could keep your word, but still promised her, crossing your fingers behind your back like you had when you were younger.

Pulling up in front of the Pizzeria brought many emotions to your mind. But the one you were focused on was that of you needed answers for everything that had been happening. And you were going to get them one way or another. You had already changed into your work uniform, slipping a pen knife that been given to your by an ex-boyfriend for protection, making sure to slip it by your mothers notice.

The familiar chime echoed through the empty diner. You frowned, scanning your eyes over the long hall. The tables were gone, along with the chairs and condiments, table cloths and menus. It had all suddenly disappeared, only leaving the shell of what had once been. Looking over towards the stage, you see the curtains drawn, and a mic that looks similar to Freddys lying on the wooden panels.

"Hello?" You call softly, starting to walk down the large hall, which was seemingly more intimidating without the screaming kids and décor

"I'm sorry, miss, we're temporarily clo-" Tracy, who had been walking out of her office with a stack of papers in her hands, had glanced up "Y/n?"

You smile weakly, nodding in reassurance "It's me"

The papers Tracy held were suddenly scattered across the floor as her arms hung limp at her sides, starting to walk slowly towards you with glassy eyes "We thought you were gone, we thought you had been take- Nevermind" Tracy shook her head, stopping short as she realised what she was about to say

"No. You can't stop now" You respond firmly "I need answers, and I didn't just get shoved in a goddamn factory for a week with no food to not get any"

Tracy stared, then sighed, and finally re-did her ponytail before answering you "I think you should come into my office"

***

Tracy sat down in her chair with haste, beginning to talk as soon as you had sat down along with her

"A long time ago, my grandfather owned this restaurant. But, not exactly this one. It was in a different place, different empty arcade with a stage pre-built into it, and it was a place where kids could go to be happy. They hired people to be in the suits instead of them being animatronics, it was simple. The kids loved all the animals, especially Foxy, he was the main attraction for quite some time. Kids started to go missing at some point, first it was one, the two, and then...and then five" Tracys breath hitched, her hands curled into fists on the table so tight, you could see the veins running down her arms and popping out unnaturally "My sister, Annabelle, was one of them. During this time they had a mechanic in, changing the suits to robots so they could function on their own and we wouldn't have to pay people to play them. They eventually discovered it was one of the night watchers, Vincent, who killed them, and he was took to trial. My brother continued the business after my grandfather died of heart failure, the shock of losing Anna was too much for him..."

"What happened after that?" You ask her quietly

"After that Vincent was locked up for a while, no one found the bodies of the kids, but Vincent admitted that he had stolen one of the suits, the one my Grandfather called, 'Golden Freddy', and led the kids into the back, promising them sweets and free tokens and gifts... They all fell for it, and Vincent killed the one by one...He stuffed their bodies into the suits"

You suddenly felt sick. You had known about those kids, who had done it and how. But hearing it from an innocent bystander like Tracy, who had done nothing wrong, it made you feel sick. Just hearing the details from someone elses mouth, forced reality to pay a visit. All the fear you had pushed down, suddenly crawled up your throat and forced a scream out. Tracy immediately forgot about her own problems, and went into mothering mode, quickly standing up and running to you, wrapping her arms around you in a comforting manner "It'll be okay, hun" She hums softly, rocking you back and forward in the chair. You could feel, or hear any of this, mind. No, you were trapped in your own hell.

Images of when you had mocked Vincent, sworn at him or just threatened his authority flashed through your mind. You couldn't escape them, you were trapped. Everything you had feared was coming down onto your shoulders with an earth shattering weight. You now knew why the animatronics feared Vincent so much, and how they immediately did as they said. They were terrified.

And you were screwed.

~~~~~

Apologies for the short chapter! This was more of a filler just for the plot :)

Now, before ya'll say it, no my story does not match directly up to the time line, yes there are gaps still to be filled and possibly will those gaps be filled.

I hope you're all enjoying this, no matter how many plot holes there are x3

Anyway, question of the day; What's your favourite video game? Mines Overwatch and Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

GoOd DaY