Chaptet 4

I walked into the apartment hoping Steve was in bed already. I walked in to find the exact opposite. "where were you?" he asks. his eyes big and a vain rising from his neck which means he's trying to hold his anger back.

I swipe my hair out of my face " at the pub". " look Sam she's just a partner." I watch as his chest falls when he sighs. I stare at him for a while " just like that last one.?" . He walks over to me and cups my face, the pads of his fingers gently rubbing against my face. " you have to trust me." he nods. " I want to" I mumble. I look up at him " promise me it's just a partner." " I promise " he whispers as he kisses my forehead.

I love Steve with all my heart no matter how hot Drew is Steve is the sweetest guy. but I can't seem to figure out why I can't stop thinking about Drew...

******

All threw last week I have been going to the bar and every night I'm there drew is there too. we laugh and talk, on Tuesday I caught him staring. on Wensday he hugged me good by and my best friend as a bartender gave me a look , not a bad one just a curious one. on Thursday I just stared at him, how perfect he was when he talks , how he likes the same things I do. but I still tell myself I love Steve , but I don't know if that's even true cause I'm too busy having a blast with drew?
On Friday morning Amy and I walk into the office.
" No Amy I'm not going sky diving." I say for the thousand time while entering my office. " come on you would have the strap shit " she sighs placing the coffee on my desk and taking a seat in front of me. " no Amy" I sigh. " who are you trying to look cute for, all this week you have been dressing cute." she smiles. I look down at my high heels and my form fitting dress pants that show off every curve of mine and my white tucked in button down shirt. " reading to much vogue " I shrug and catch Amy laughing.

She gets up to walk out " or too much drew". I throw a pencil at her, I guess maybe telling any about last night was a bad idea.

Drew pov.

I nock on Sams door when I hear " come in " I enter. she's standing by her desk in pants that shape her beautiful body perfectly. damn only if I could rip it off and.." What can I do for you" she asks noticing that I have been standing in the door way just standing there staring. " just wanted to show you this months spread " I say closing the door. I watch how she bends over the desk smoothing her hair behind her hear as it falls in her face. I stand over her showing her the key points of the spread. but I can't help but stare at her. how her eye brows frown when she's thinking how the pencil twirls in her mouth when she's thinking of what to write.

She turns around her face inches away from mine. Her sweet minty breath filling the air. She opens her mouth to say something but quickly
Closes it. Just the thought of her lips on mine gives me goose bumps. I search her face trying to find something that reads ' kiss me'. I go with my gut , and start to lean in I see as she turns her head allowing me to lean further. I hear a nock at the door and she quickly pulls away wide eyed. She flings the door open , showing that my 'girlfriend' is standing there. Sam pushes past her running down the hall way. " SAM!" I call but she's too far gone.

I do the unthinkable next and push past ' blonde barbie' and run down the stairs. I see brown hair swinging in the wind and open the glass door to see Sam. " Sam I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." I apologize even though I wish I had actually kissed her. " I have a boy friend you have a girlfriend I don't want to do this , I don't want you to do this." she says. I know she's right but I'm just drawn to her , I had the best time I had in months with her last night and I want it to be like that all the time.

" Why ?" I ask not realizing why. She puffs " because we.." I cut her off " if you loved your boyfriend so much you wouldn't have been at a bar with me every night." I say. " I saw the way your breath hitches when I'm by you the way you shiver when I stare at you." I step closer " don't be with a guy your tired of". she stares at me " I'm going home" is all she gets out. She knows I'm right.