fifteen

FIFTEEN:

"Do you seriously think I look decent?" Mia Torres questions her brother, a grin forming on his lips

"Do you seriously think I look decent?" Mia Torres questions her brother, a grin forming on his lips. The two siblings were headed out to the annual Torres Family Christmas Party and Mia was very anxious to get the night over with.

Joseph on the other hand, found it amusing that his sister was stressed about impressing a certain dirty blonde. This Christmas was the first Mia and Ben were going to share together, which sent the brunette in a whirl of nerves.

"Mimi, you need to calm the hell down. Ben is a decent guy, I'm sure Dad will like him. Hell, I'm sure Callie will too." The younger Torres confered his sister, watching as Mia nodded her head and sighs.

She shuts her eyes, letting out a nervous laugh. "I think he might be the one, Joey."

"You never know, sis. There could be a handsome doctor..ouch! What the hell?"Joseph snaps as he quickly grabs his red hand that Mia hit with her heel. The sister rolls her eyes, sitting down next to her brother.

The nurse glances at her brother, sending him a loving smile. "What would I ever do without you?"

"I hope you never have to find out. That would suck, especially for me." The doctor chuckles, looking in Mia's direcction. She stands up slowly, waltzing over to her mirror and fixes her stained red lips.

Joseph bites his lip, "So I was researching earlier this week about medical school.."

"What? Why? I thought you were done!" Mia sqeals, landing her hands on the dresser besides her as she tries to catch her balance. She hates talking about Medical school, because of the fact she's not the higher profession she wants to be.

She's a nurse, not a doctor and that eats her alive.

"Not for me, you idiot. For you."

The brunette stares at her brother, gulping nervously. "Why?"

"Because I know you want to become a surgeon, and I believe you have the power to become that." Joseph states proudly about his sister, and faint smile appearing on her face.

"I don't know, J. I love my job and I may have a future with Be-"

Joseph stands up, shaking his head. "You don't love your job. I mean, you may, but it's not what you want to be for the rest of your life. You know it, and I know it. Also, if Ben truly loves you, he will support you no matter what."

"Joey-"

"Promise me you won't give up on your dream, Mia. Please?" Joseph pleaded, a small smile on his face as he looked at his sister's expression.

Before Mia had a chance to respond, Ben rushed into the room with a beer in his hand. Joseph backed away slowly from Mia, his smile fading softly. Mia concentrated on her brother, taking in the words he just spoke.