twelve

TWELVE:

The restless night was the best night Mia has ever had in her 36 years

The restless night was the best night Mia has ever had in her 36 years. She felt complete, and that was all thanks to a silver fox named Mark Sloan.

He actually loves her. For her.

It was as if he took all her broken pieces and held them in his hand, kissing them until she forgot they even existed. He wanted nothing more to protect her from the darkness that once surrounded in her life and she wanted nothing more but to let him.

That night, she told Mark everything. From the countless slaps to the face to her near death experiences. And he listened. He would hold her while she sobbed and tell her everything would be okay.

Because she had him, nothing bad would ever come from him.

She was groggy the next morning when she woke, tangled in the arms and legs of the plastic surgeon. Mia smiled to herself, never wanting to forget this moment.

Gently, Mia traced Mark's arm that was firmly wrapped around her waist, leaving soft kisses down it. She laced her hand with his, smiling lightly before closing her eyes again.

Suddenly, she felt her hair being pushed off of her neck and warm lips being placed gently against her skin, a small giggle escaping from her lips. The brunette can feel a smirk forming on Mark's lips, causing her to push him off.

"Well good morning to you too." Mark whispered, flopping back down on the bed and pulls her closer to him. Mia giggles, trying to get out of his grasp.

She gives up after being unsuccessful, laying back down next to the man and kisses his cheek softly. "Good morning, you." Mia whispers softly, her eyes locking with his. Mark smiles softly, playing with the tangles in her hair.

"God, you are beautiful." Mark mumbles, pulling her face closer to his. Their noses are inches away from each other when Mia quickly pulls back and jumps out of the bed. She grabs Mark's shirt from the night before and pulls it over herself, running out of the bedroom to the kitchen.

Mia thought the place was vacant, but their sat her brother munching away on the cereal Callie bought just a few days ago. "Morning, sis."

Mark runs out of the bedroom wearing a pair of sweatpants, wrapping his arms around her waist not noticing Joe. He kisses her cheek lightly, looking up to see the back of the male Torres. "And good morning to you too, Dr. Sloan."

"Hey Joe." Mark replies as he chuckles softly, detangling himself from Mia and walks over to the coffee machine. Mia smiles lightly, quietly walking over to her younger brother and sits down on the stool next to him.