eleven

ELEVEN:

Anticipation grew in Ben's veins when he stepped off the train in Seattle

Anticipation grew in Ben's veins when he stepped off the train in Seattle. It was the middle of the night, but the blonde only had one thought in his mind.

He was going to make Mia suffer.

She took valuable time out of his wasted days planning just how he was going to win her back, even debating to show up to his old job demanding to file a missing persons report on the brunette.

But he never did. All because he wanted her for himself.

Ben wanted to determine what happened to the girl once he finds her, whether it was to wrap her in his arms and never let her leave again or just simply ending everything she dreamed of.

Living.

"Excuse me, sir. Can you help me?" Ben calls out to one of the employees grabbing bags from the lower level. The employee simply nods, looking at Ben. "Sorry to bother you, but have you seen this girl?"

Ben holds up the picture of Mia and him, hoping that this man will lead him to her. The man looks at the picture, biting his lip curiously. "Sorry sir, but I don't. Is that all I can help you with?"

The blonde thinks for a moment, before nodding his head. "Actually, there is. Where is the best hospital to work? My girlfriend is a nurse so-"

"Mercy West Hospital would be my best guess. I'm a nurse too, and I would've given anything to work at that hospital." The older gentleman interrupts, a faint smile appearing on his face. Ben nods, smiling in return.

"Thank you for your help."

The older man nods his head, walking away with a smirk on his face. He remembered clear as day who Mia was. She was a broken light in his eyes, and he had no doubt the blonde looking for her had something to do with it.

How could he forget the beautiful girl with bruises she didn't deserve?

***

Walking into the Mercy West hospital, Ben was determined to find the wavy haired brunette. He started in the E.R., looking through Trauma Rooms and finally leads up to the upper levels to scan the hospital hallways.

A firm frown started to appear on Ben's tan face, feeling defeat coming in his near future. He's gotten some curious looks considering Ben was holding a duffle bag tightly in his hand. Some how, nobody seemed to care.

He looked at the nurses station in front of him, leaning on it casually. A nurse stared up at him, giving him a small glance before turning back to a chart in his hand. Ben cleared his throat, letting the nurse know to give him attention.

"Excuse me, sir, do you need something?" The nurse asks with a curious look on his face. Ben sets his bag down, smirking lightly.

The blonde pulls out his old Sheriffs badge, showing it off to the nurse. "I'm with the Portland Sheriffs department and I'm looking for someone who may work here. Can you help me find her?"

"I can try, but there's not a lot I can do. Maybe try the front desk-"

Ben scoffs, throwing the badge down on the table and pulls out the crumpled photo of Mia from his pocket, shoving it in his face. The nurse looks at it closely, raising his eyebrows.

"She doesn't work here, but she does work at Seattle Grace." The gentleman says, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Ben closes his eyes, shaking his head lightly.

He then slowly opens his eyes, holding the picture firmly in his hand. "Nurse Torres works at Seattle Grace? Are you sure you aren't lying to me?"

"What? No, Nurse Drake is the girl in the photo and she works at Seattle Grace. I know that for sure because when the nurses have a retreat I would talk to her. Very nice girl, I don't know why the police need her."

Ben grabs his bag, shaking his head. "None of your damn business."

And with that, the dirty blonde walked away, and on to the next hospital.

***

Ben made a pit stop at Joe's bar across the street, before continuing on his journey to Seattle Grace Hospital. Liquid courage was needed in his case, helping Ben to keep moving forward.

He didn't know what to do when he walked into the hospital doors like a lost puppy, but he didn't care at this point.

Ben knew Mia was around here somewhere. He could feel it.

When he stumbled into the lobby of the hospital, he couldn't decide where to start searching this time. Was he going to the nurses station or the ER?

"Can I help you?" A voice called out behind Ben, making him turn around and face the brunette.

There stood a woman in green scrubs, smiling lightly at the mysterious blonde. Ben didn't know how to respond, but he simply nodded. He fumbled with his words, before speaking. "I-I'm looking for a nurse, dear. Can you help me with that?"

"Of course. Follow me to the nurses station and I can have them paged for you." The nurse instructs as she leads Ben over to the nurses station.

He follows behind, skeptical about if the nurse will actually help him find Mia. He watches her pull out a booklet and finally looks up at him. "Which nurse are you looking for?"

"Nurse To-Drake?" Ben corrects himself, fiddling with his badge in his left hand. She nods her head, checking the booklet.

"It looks like Nurse Drake is out today, but I could page another Nurse if you want?"

Ben scoffs, throwing his badge on the table for the nurse to see. She looks down at it, gulping lightly. "I need Nurse Drake. I'm with the Sheriffs Department in Portland and I've been trying to track her down for a few months now. I won't have anybody else, I need her." Ben growls, making the Nurse grow nervous.

"Sir, with all do respect, I can't give you any information about her. If you speak with Callie Torres or Mark-"

"No I'm talking to you and you are going to tell me where she is living so I can find her. Do you understand me?" Ben snaps, the nurse finally giving in and nodding her head quickly.

"O-okay, but I can get fired for giving you this. Please, I can't lose my job."

"Then give me the damn information and I'll be on my way." Ben demands while the nurse nods, writing down the address quickly. Ben smirks, taking the paper from her hands and walks out the lobby doors.

He looked down at the paper and then up at the building before him, a wide smirk spreading across his pale cheeks. "Game over, sweetheart. I finally found you."

***
SORRY ITS SHORT IT WAS KIND OF A FILLER!

Next chapter.. it'll be intense. Stay tuned!

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! IM DYING TO KNOW!

lots of love,

jamiewrites3

comment and vote on what you think will happen next!