six

A/N: PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY NEW LOUIS TOMLINSON AU INSURRECTION AND COMMENT ON IT PLEASE, AS WELL AS SUGGEST IT TO OTHER PEOPLE. IF IT GETS AT LEAST 10 COMMENTS I WILL POST A NEW CHAPTER OF BAY'S ANATOMY AND DAMSEL TOMORROW.

LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, I HOPE YOU JOIN ME ON MY NEW JOURNEY :)

SIX:

Mia didn't remember the last time she felt safe in another person's arms, let alone a male's

Mia didn't remember the last time she felt safe in another person's arms, let alone a male's. She didn't remember what it felt like to fall into a peaceful sleep without a worry in the world.

However, that's what happened when she spent the night at Mark Sloan's apartment.

Waking up in his arms, Mia felt at peace with herself and everything going on in her life right now. She hasn't heard from Ben in a month and a half, which made her feel even more comfortable to lose herself in Mark's company.

She stared out the surgeon's bedroom window, feeling his grasp around her waist tighten, pulling her closer to him. She wonders what her life would be like if she never ran away from the dirty blonde's mess of a life.

Would she be okay? Would she even be alive?

Mia's doesn't miss Ben for a hot second, but she always questions the "what ifs" in life. For example, what if she never met the man she's currently laying in bed with or the dark haired cousin she lives with across the hall?

She plays scenarios all in her head for another hour, every single one leading back to the very moment she's in with the man besides her. The nurse glances over her shoulder, making sure Mark was still asleep as she crawled out of his bed slowly, walking into his kitchen.

Mia pulls out a glass of water, taking slow sips while she waltz over to the apartment window, looking out in the night sky. It was weird to her, being able to walk around an apartment without being fearful every moment.

She couldn't even grab a glass of water at 4:15 in the morning without a slap to the cheek because she awakened Ben, who was fast asleep on their living room couch.

The memories make her shake, realizing that she hasn't escaped him fully. He still was able to control her thoughts and dreams, even if he didn't mean to.

"Mia?" a voice whispers, making the girl turn around quickly. Mia was startled by the sudden noise, but calmed down once she saw Mark walk closer to her.

Mark wiped his eyes from sleep, looking at Mia confused. "What are you doing up? It's still dark out."

"Couldn't fall back to sleep, I'm sorry if I woke you. Go back to sleep, I'm okay." Mia whispered, walking up to Mark and kisses his cheek lightly, her hand never leaving the right side of his face.

Mark takes a moment and admires Mia's features, taking in the beauty before him. He couldn't help but smile at the girl who wore his shirt so beautifully, wanting more moments like this with him.